Is it possible to make an arm port of sage?

Pavel Sayekat

Jul 2, 2017, 9:07:54 AM7/2/17
to sage-devel
Is it possible to make an arm port of sage like Raspberry PI?

aishen

Jul 2, 2017, 12:26:02 PM7/2/17
to sage-devel
or orange pi zero with armbian ?
I will have a look if it's not already in repo

William Stein

Jul 2, 2017, 12:58:40 PM7/2/17
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 2, 2017, at 9:26 AM, aishen <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:

or orange pi zero with armbian ?

Over the last 9 or so years, people have built Sage on pi, Google Nexus 1 phones (right when it came out), and many other ARM devices...   I don’t know what the current status is.

Le dimanche 2 juillet 2017 15:07:54 UTC+2, Pavel Sayekat a écrit :
Is it possible to make an arm port of sage like Raspberry PI?

Volker Braun

Jul 2, 2017, 1:18:09 PM7/2/17
to sage-devel
Up until about a year ago we had an ARM buiildbot on a Oxford University machine; But that seems to have disappeared (maybe Dima knows).

aishen

Jul 2, 2017, 3:16:29 PM7/2/17
to sage-devel
Iam compiling it on armbian on orange pi zero, after 20 minutes it 's still compiling we will see...

William Stein

Jul 2, 2017, 3:53:20 PM7/2/17
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 2, 2017, at 12:16 PM, aishen <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:

Iam compiling it on armbian on orange pi zero, after 20 minutes it 's still compiling we will see...

Expect it to take at least **24 hours** (if it works).

Follow the direction to use the system-wide ATLAS for much reduced compile times...

aishen

Jul 2, 2017, 5:28:37 PM7/2/17
to sage-devel
Thanks... It fails after about 1 hour with gcc-5.4 not found...
Any way I would have stop before.
I installed it on hptouchpad from google play

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 2, 2017, 6:38:05 PM7/2/17
to sage-devel

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 6:18:09 PM UTC+1, Volker Braun wrote:
Up until about a year ago we had an ARM buiildbot on a Oxford University machine; But that seems to have disappeared (maybe Dima knows).

This one is gone for good, I think.
It looks that nowadays one can get  64-bit ARM cloud host on the cheap, perhaps
this would be the way to go.

Pavel Sayekat

Jul 13, 2017, 12:48:53 PM7/13/17
to sage-devel
Thanks everyone :). I got it here, a working sage 6.9 arm version for Raspbian Jessie https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/69183/is-there-any-raspberry-pi-version-of-sagemath?noredirect=1#comment109029_69183 :)