sage -i database_gap fails to install

Graham Gerrard

May 4, 2016, 3:55:13 PM5/4/16
to sage-devel
Attempted to  install the GAP database for 16.04 version of Sage-7.1, 16.04 Ubuntu, and produced error

ImportError: /home/graham/SageMath/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/rings/complex_double.so: undefined symbol: gsl_complex_sin

Log attached.  Graham
database_gap-4.7.9.log

Dima Pasechnik

May 4, 2016, 5:10:06 PM5/4/16
to sage-devel
this most probably means that you are trying to use a binary release, and it is broken... Build Sage from source instead.

Graham Gerrard

May 5, 2016, 3:00:12 PM5/5/16
to sage-devel
Hi Dima

Different workround...  I installed GAP separately from the GAP website.  Easier and quicker to copy the relevant bits from the GAP installation to the Sage binary structure.  Will use that in future.  Case closed from my point of view.

Graham