NotImplemented?

Ralf Hemmecke

Aug 14, 2017, 8:36:19 AM8/14/17
to sage-devel
Isn't it a bit strange if in the documentation it says
"NotImplementedError"?

http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/arithgroup/sage/modular/arithgroup/arithgroup_generic.html#sage.modular.arithgroup.arithgroup_generic.ArithmeticSubgroup.coset_reps

Is it true that Sage cannot compute the representatives of Gamma(4) in
Gamma(2)?

Ralf

John Cremona

Aug 14, 2017, 9:02:53 AM8/14/17
to SAGE devel
I think you have answered your own question. It raises a
NotImplementedError since it has not been implemented. I prefer the
phrasing "No-one has yet implemented [finding the coset
representatives of one congruence subgroup in another (except when the
larger group is the full modular group)]" to "Sage cannot
compute...".

Feel free to implement it!

John