Please help with #23967 Coercion pushout for FGP_modules

Simon Brandhorst

Oct 9, 2017, 4:28:45 AM10/9/17
to sage-devel
Would someone please guide me through this?
I would like to learn now to implement such a thing in sage. Yet I wouldn't know where to start here.
It is mathematically quite simple.

Simon King

Oct 9, 2017, 6:45:17 AM10/9/17
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

Simon Brandhorst

Oct 9, 2017, 8:54:37 AM10/9/17
to sage-devel
Thank you Simon :).
Probably, it will take me some time to read/understand though.
Would you review the ticket when it is done?

Simon Brandhorst

Oct 9, 2017, 1:38:36 PM10/9/17
to sage-devel
It helps a bit. Though my problem right now is that fgp_modules do not have a construction defined in the tutorial this is the case. So I have to give fgp_modules a construction functor? Or is there an easier way to get a pushout?

David Roe

Oct 9, 2017, 1:55:13 PM10/9/17
to sage-devel
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Simon Brandhorst <sbran...@web.de> wrote:
It helps a bit. Though my problem right now is that fgp_modules do not have a construction defined in the tutorial this is the case. So I have to give fgp_modules a construction functor? Or is there an easier way to get a pushout?

Nope, that's how you get pushouts.  You can take a look at the QuotientFunctor in sage/categories/pushout.py for inspiration.
David

On 2017-10-09, Simon Brandhorst <sbran...@web.de> wrote:
> Would someone please guide me through this?
> I would like to learn now to implement such a thing in sage. Yet I wouldn't
> know where to start here.
> It is mathematically quite simple.

Does http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/thematic_tutorials/coercion_and_categories.html help?

Cheers,
Simon

Simon Brandhorst

Oct 9, 2017, 2:04:42 PM10/9/17
to sage-devel
I see. I have found an easy solution by defining a method ._pushout_
It works. I have uploaded the branch so you can take a look.

Simon Brandhorst