ask.sagemath.org login trouble

Dima Pasechnik

Apr 30, 2015, 11:03:25 AM4/30/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I get an internal server error when I try to login with the password.
Were there recent changes to the corresponding server?

Dima

Nils Bruin

Apr 30, 2015, 11:27:56 AM4/30/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I'm having different trouble: I used to authenticate with Google open ID, which doesn't work anymore. I tried "recover via email". It does recognize my email addres and reports "Account recovery email sent". No mail seems to arrive, though.

William Stein

Apr 30, 2015, 11:38:52 AM4/30/15
to sage-devel
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Nils Bruin <nbr...@sfu.ca> wrote:
I'm having different trouble: I used to authenticate with Google open ID, which doesn't work anymore. I tried "recover via email". It does recognize my email addres and reports "Account recovery email sent". No mail seems to arrive, though.

Google shut down openid on April 20, and there was a message on ask.sagemath.org and also sagenb.org every time you log in with openid about this coming (which I'm sure everybody ignored).  This was one of the motivations for shutting down sagenb.org.

The decision by the ask.sagemath.org maintainers regarding how to deal with the openid shutdown was I think: "we are too busy right now".  So I guess this will get sorted out this summer?

William

Dima Pasechnik

May 2, 2015, 5:21:21 AM5/2/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I tried to recover via email, and I got the email - into the spam folder on gmail.
This has given me the account back, at least.

Dima Pasechnik

May 2, 2015, 6:06:55 AM5/2/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, 2 May 2015 10:21:21 UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
I tried to recover via email, and I got the email - into the spam folder on gmail.
This has given me the account back, at least.

I was able to make password for a non-openID login.
Some other openID I tried (wordpress) did not work.