List moderation: devel vs. support

Jori Mäntysalo

Aug 26, 2016, 8:09:24 AM8/26/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I just learnt that this devel-list is moderated, whereas support-list is
not. I think that it should be just the opposite.

--
Jori Mäntysalo

Ralf Stephan

Aug 26, 2016, 10:01:21 AM8/26/16
to sage-devel
I disagree with your statement, and I agree with the recent moderation.
There were too many useless flame wars in this group.

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 26, 2016, 10:17:25 AM8/26/16
to sage-devel
I think both of them should be moderated, as we are seeing now...

Erik Bray

Aug 26, 2016, 12:13:45 PM8/26/16
to sage-devel
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think both of them should be moderated, as we are seeing now...

Yes. Developers are people too.

> On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:09:24 PM UTC+1, Jori Mäntysalo wrote:
>>
>> I just learnt that this devel-list is moderated, whereas support-list is
>> not. I think that it should be just the opposite.
>>
>> --
>> Jori Mäntysalo

Travis Scrimshaw

Aug 26, 2016, 4:33:41 PM8/26/16
to sage-devel

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 11:13:45 AM UTC-5, Erik Bray wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think both of them should be moderated, as we are seeing now...

Yes. Developers are people too.

What? I thought we were all AI's dreaming of being human in a collective dreamworld. :P

Best,
Travis

kcrisman

Aug 26, 2016, 6:54:19 PM8/26/16
to sage-devel
For the record sage-support does have moderation, though I've never seen anything other than appropriate stuff or obvious spam there.  The problem, if any, is that support requests end up on the wrong list.