Error installing OpenBlas on Linux Mint

Gabriel Lipnik

Jul 1, 2017, 2:02:33 PM7/1/17
to sage-devel
Hey!

I wanted to install Sage and got an error message while installing OpenBlas. Here's the log file, can someone help me?

openblas-0.2.19.p0.log

Volker Braun

Jul 1, 2017, 2:23:59 PM7/1/17
to sage-devel
Whats your CPU?

Try building Sage with

OPENBLAS_CONFIGURE="TARGET=ATOM" make

Gabriel Lipnik

Jul 1, 2017, 2:41:55 PM7/1/17
to sage-devel
Thank you very much for your fast answer!! Works well now.

If you are still interested in my CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
More infos in the file attached.

Gabriel Lipnik

Jul 1, 2017, 2:43:30 PM7/1/17
to sage-devel
Don't know why, but I can't post attachments (error 303)...

Christopher Phoenix

Jul 14, 2017, 7:25:43 AM7/14/17
to sage-devel
I had the same issue with openblas, but on a Thinkpad 11e with an intel Celeron N2940 processor. Setting OPENBLAS_CONFIGURE="TARGET=ATOM" fixed this for me as well.  https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/-Exvx0bane8/9kC8hBEFBwAJ

I assumed this was limited to lower-end processors like the Celeron, but since you are on an i7 I guess not! I wonder if there is anything we can do to help improve the CPU detection issues? At any rate it's pretty easy to fix once you know to set the cpu TARGET variable manually.