Problem in setup sage server

B Krishnan Iyer

Sep 30, 2016, 12:58:55 PM9/30/16
to sage-devel
I followed the steps shown in the link:https://wiki.sagemath.org/SageServer

while entering 'sudo apt-get install python-software-properties' it is asking for password so can someone tell me what the password is?. Also this command 'sudo -u sageserver ssh sage0@localhost echo Done' it shows error ' ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: Connection refused'.

Please someone help me out.

Thank you

William Stein

Sep 30, 2016, 1:01:13 PM9/30/16
to sage-devel
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:58 AM, B Krishnan Iyer <goodk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I followed the steps shown in the link:https://wiki.sagemath.org/SageServer
>
> while entering 'sudo apt-get install python-software-properties' it is
> asking for password so can someone tell me what the password is?.

Where EXACTLY are you typing this? It seems like you're asking us for
the password to *your* computer, which is kind of confusing...

William

> Also this
> command 'sudo -u sageserver ssh sage0@localhost echo Done' it shows error '
> ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: Connection refused'.
>
> Please someone help me out.
>
> Thank you
>
> --

William (http://wstein.org)