Re: [sage-devel] trouble compiling on debian sid

Francois Bissey

Jan 12, 2017, 1:51:54 PM1/12/17
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Would you happen to have polymake installed system wide?

Francois

On 13/01/2017, at 12:29 AM, moritz <mor...@math.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

When trying to build sage from source on my debian box with a current sid install, I get the following error:

[singular-4.1.0p1] ../../../gfanlib/gfanlib_matrix.h:221:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
[singular-4.1.0p1] Makefile:573: recipe for target 'polymake_la-polymake_conversion.lo' failed
[singular-4.1.0p1] make[8]: *** [polymake_la-polymake_conversion.lo] Error 1

In the log file, I get a couple of the following errors:
polymake_conversion.cc:176:56: error: cannot convert 'pm::array_traits<pm::Integer>::iterator {aka pm::ptr_wrapper<pm::Integer, false>}' to 'const pm::Integer*' in initialization

If it helps I will gladly attach the log file.

The version I am trying to build is the current develop branch 7.5.rc3, but I also get an error for the master branch.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.

Francois Bissey

Jan 12, 2017, 2:00:36 PM1/12/17
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I now see that was indeed the problem. No easy to solve it sage side without dropping the experimental polymake package or never building the singular interface to it.
Considering version problems between singular and polymake, the later would be my inclination.

Francois

Matthias Koeppe