major update just now

William Stein

Apr 8, 2015, 8:11:46 PM4/8/15
to sage-cloud
Hi,

I just released a major new Jupyter/IPython version 3.1.0 upgrade now,
which is live in SageMathCloud (refresh your browser and restart your
project server). I spent days rewriting all the synchronization
stuff, upgrading, getting R, Julia, Python 3, and Python 2 kernels to
work, etc. I also implemented a new history slider, so you can track
every single change to IPython notebooks. Also, only servers you use
(terminal server, sage worksheet server, jupyter server) are started
now on demand, so you won't waste memory on Sage if you aren't using
it.

Hopefully this will address some longstanding issues with IPython
sync, speed, using other kernels, notebook formats, etc.

William

--
William Stein
Founder/CEO of SageMath, Inc. (http://sagemath.com)

William Stein

Apr 8, 2015, 8:21:35 PM4/8/15
to sage-cloud
Hi,

There are also some other subtle bugfixes in this new version [1]. I
made some changes to sync (beyond just ipython), which are very
relevant when reconnecting with unsaved changes. I also fixed a
subtle issue involving reconnecting to an existing command-line
terminal session -- you may have seen this bug when characters in the
terminal starting appearing doubled -- that shouldn't happen anymore.
The reconnect problem was subtle and involved something getting worse
and worse (degrading performance) each time your connection
reconnects. There were also some issues with how reconnecting just
worked in general, which would in some cases result in a bunch of
connections/disconnections happening at once, basically requiring a
browser refresh.

In any case, a lot of basic things should be better now.

-- William

[1] You can confirm you have the new version by click "+New" and
seeing a button labeled "Jupyter notebook" instead of "IPython
notebook".

Ryan Nelson

Apr 8, 2015, 9:51:47 PM4/8/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
William,

Very cool! Thanks for all the hard work.

I'm very glad to see that the IPython notebook kernel can now be changed. I have a question, though. If you switch to the Python 3 kernel, is it using the system Python. Yes? So then you will need to use "pip3" from a terminal to install additional packages?

Can't wait to kick the tires some more on this one.

Ryan

William Stein

Apr 8, 2015, 9:53:03 PM4/8/15
to sage-cloud
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Ryan Nelson <rnels...@gmail.com> wrote:
> William,
>
> Very cool! Thanks for all the hard work.
>
> I'm very glad to see that the IPython notebook kernel can now be changed. I
> have a question, though. If you switch to the Python 3 kernel, is it using
> the system Python. Yes?

Yes.

> So then you will need to use "pip3" from a terminal
> to install additional packages?

Yes. You can also ask me to install any Ubuntu packages, and I can
do that very easily...

-- william

> Can't wait to kick the tires some more on this one.
>
> Ryan
>

> On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 8:11:46 PM UTC-4, William Stein wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just released a major new Jupyter/IPython version 3.1.0 upgrade now,
>> which is live in SageMathCloud (refresh your browser and restart your
>> project server). I spent days rewriting all the synchronization
>> stuff, upgrading, getting R, Julia, Python 3, and Python 2 kernels to
>> work, etc. I also implemented a new history slider, so you can track
>> every single change to IPython notebooks. Also, only servers you use
>> (terminal server, sage worksheet server, jupyter server) are started
>> now on demand, so you won't waste memory on Sage if you aren't using
>> it.
>>
>> Hopefully this will address some longstanding issues with IPython
>> sync, speed, using other kernels, notebook formats, etc.
>>
>> William
>>
>> --
>> William Stein
>> Founder/CEO of SageMath, Inc. (http://sagemath.com)
>> Professor of Mathematics, University of Washington
>> 206-419-0925

Ryan Nelson

Apr 8, 2015, 10:03:48 PM4/8/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Okay, great. The reason I asked is that the system Python3 doesn't have any of the "Scipy Stack" packages installed. Might be nice to have Numpy, Matplotlib, and Scipy, but not a deal breaker.

William Stein

Apr 8, 2015, 10:08:02 PM4/8/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Give me a list and I'll install it all.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cloud/8aee8ba4-7c83-4ccc-90f6-bed240cb0ac5%40googlegroups.com.

singlets

Apr 8, 2015, 11:02:20 PM4/8/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 9:08:02 PM UTC-5, William Stein wrote:
Give me a list and I'll install it all.

This is great...thanks much! Here's a list based on pip --freeze, a quick check of what's in default Ubuntu 14.10, and related dependencies (but may have redundancies)

python3-pandas
python3-matplotlib
python3-seaborn
python3-statsmodels
python3-numpy
python3-xlrd
python3-nose
python-sympy

Thanks,

Steve

Singleton, Steve

Apr 8, 2015, 11:37:33 PM4/8/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Based on the thread above, a quick test gives an unexpected result.

Started a new notebook with New > IPython notebook.

Using the "Kernel >  Change Kernel > Python 3",  got a kernel error with a traceback showing notebook was running the sage-6.5 ipython.

In an Ipython notebook cell:

sys.version = 2.7.8 (default, Feb 17 2015, 15:50:14) \n[GCC 4.9.1]

I'm guessing this is a path/env setting from .sagemathcloud. Is this intended behavior? I might be missing the way to get an Ipython 3 kernel in the new notebook...

Thanks,

Steve

William Stein

Apr 9, 2015, 1:00:17 AM4/9/15
to sage-cloud
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Singleton, Steve <ssin...@coe.edu> wrote:
> Based on the thread above, a quick test gives an unexpected result.
>
> Started a new notebook with New > IPython notebook.
>
> Using the "Kernel > Change Kernel > Python 3", got a kernel error with a
> traceback showing notebook was running the sage-6.5 ipython.
>
> In an Ipython notebook cell:
>
> sys.version = 2.7.8 (default, Feb 17 2015, 15:50:14) \n[GCC 4.9.1]

Maybe (1) you didn't restart your project server, or (2) you have some
custom configuration in that project, or (3) some VM didn't get fully
updated?

For me your test yields sys.version of 3.4.2. See the attached screenshot or

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/4a5f0542-5873-4eed-a85c-a18c706e8bcd/files/support/2015-04-08-python3.html

What's the hostname of your VM?
> "sage-cloud" group.
> email to sage-cloud+...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cloud/CANSCVnrS0M5w7S0ea-m5q4KMDXPdp1O7%3DcdMz-_2j84vBWDMVg%40mail.gmail.com.

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 9.59.19 PM.png

William Stein

Apr 9, 2015, 1:07:36 AM4/9/15
to sage-cloud
Some of those don't exist in ubuntu 14.10, evidently. But I just
installed these:

python3-pandas python3-matplotlib python3-numpy python3-xlrd python3-nose

-- William

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cloud/ff63d31e-a1ca-42a3-b34d-f19684452771%40googlegroups.com.
Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 10.07.09 PM.png

Singleton, Steve

Apr 9, 2015, 8:04:13 AM4/9/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

Maybe (1) you didn't restart your project server, or (2) you have some
custom configuration in that project, or (3) some VM didn't get fully
updated?

Thanks for the suggestions...here's what I did:

(1) Restarted server from settings panel

(2) double-checked; I think this is a non-adulterated project (no ~/.local or anything)

(3) Two reasons this might be the case: I still see the sage version of python 2.7 running; the gray padding is obscuring the tab bar again. Maybe the css tweak you made a couple days ago didn't get pushed to this server (thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-cloud/2xEqnvE-AEg)

vm info:
ssh -p 2222 025307f88061478f...@128.95.224.230

and a sheet:

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/025307f8-8061-478f-9e59-2c7a5dad229c/files/tmp/2015-04-08-220514.ipynb

IPython 3 with Python 3 kernel works great on other projects...

The history bar is... Just. Cool.

Thanks,
Steve

Singleton, Steve

Apr 9, 2015, 8:10:49 AM4/9/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
> This is great...thanks much! Here's a list based on pip --freeze, a quick
> check of what's in default Ubuntu 14.10, and related dependencies (but may
> have redundancies)
>
> python3-pandas
> python3-matplotlib
> python3-seaborn
> python3-statsmodels
> python3-numpy
> python3-xlrd
> python3-nose
> python-sympy
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Some of those don't exist in ubuntu 14.10, evidently.  But I just
installed these:

   python3-pandas  python3-matplotlib python3-numpy python3-xlrd python3-nose

Oops, you're right, of course. Forgot I built a couple python3 pkgs for my servers. These will work fine for me...hopefully Ryan and others, too.

Thanks again for the energy on the whole python3 thing.

Steve

Ryan Nelson

Apr 9, 2015, 8:19:17 AM4/9/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I'm also noticing some Jupyter notebook instability in one project (ID #: 721cea3b-bff5-46d5-a24b-bafad29514d2). If I try to change the kernel from the notebook menu, the kernel crashes. However, in a separate project (ID #: c0b9140a-9063-4682-983e-95a1c27ed9b0), everything works just fine.

Thank you for adding those Python 3 packages. I'd request Scipy as well, because it is tedious to build from scratch. I don't need it right away, though, so it's not critical.

These updates are very timely, and most appreciated! Thanks.

Ryan

William Stein

Apr 9, 2015, 9:03:52 AM4/9/15
to sage-cloud
Hi,

Here is an enormous list of python3 packages that are standard in
ubuntu 14.10 -- let me know what I should add:

bpython3 - fancy interface to the Python3 interpreter - Curses frontend
diveintopython3 - Book for learning Python 3
idle-python3.4 - IDE for Python (v3.4) using Tkinter
ipython3 - enhanced interactive Python 3 shell
ipython3-notebook - interactive Python 3 html notebook
ipython3-qtconsole - enhanced interactive Python 3 shell - Qt console
libpython3.4-dbg - Debug Build of the Python Interpreter (version 3.4)
libpython3.4-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (v3.4)
libpython3.4-minimal - Minimal subset of the Python language (version 3.4)
libpython3.4 - Shared Python runtime library (version 3.4)
libpython3.4-stdlib - Interactive high-level object-oriented language
(standard library, version 3.4)
libpython3.4-testsuite - Testsuite for the Python standard library (v3.4)
libpython3-all-dbg - package depending on all supported Python 3
debugging packages
libpython3-all-dev - package depending on all supported Python 3
development packages
libpython3-dbg - debug build of the Python 3 Interpreter (version 3.4)
libpython3-dev - header files and a static library for Python (default)
libpython3-stdlib - interactive high-level object-oriented language
(default python3 version)
postgresql-plpython3-9.4 - PL/Python 3 procedural language for PostgreSQL 9.4
python3.4-dbg - Debug Build of the Python Interpreter (version 3.4)
python3.4-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (v3.4)
python3.4-doc - Documentation for the high-level object-oriented
language Python (v3.4)
python3.4-examples - Examples for the Python language (v3.4)
python3.4 - Interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 3.4)
python3.4-minimal - Minimal subset of the Python language (version 3.4)
python3.4-venv - Interactive high-level object-oriented language
(pyvenv binary, version 3.4)
python3-aalib - Python 3 interface to AAlib, an ASCII art library
python3-adios - Python3 interace to the ADIOS IO system
python3-aeidon - reading, writing and manipulating text-based subtitle files
python3-ajax-select - Django library for editing fields with autocomplete
python3-alabaster - Configurable sidebar-enabled Sphinx theme (Python 3)
python3-alembic - lightweight database migration tool for SQLAlchemy
python3-all-dbg - package depending on all supported Python 3 debugging packages
python3-all-dev - package depending on all supported Python 3
development packages
python3-all - package depending on all supported Python 3 runtime versions
python3-amqplib - simple non-threaded Python AMQP client library
(Python3 version)
python3-amqp - Low-level AMQP client (Python3 version)
python3-anyjson - Common interface for the best available JSON
implementation (Python3 version)
python3-apparmor - AppArmor Python3 utility library
python3-apparmor-click - Click manifest to AppArmor easyprof conversion tools
python3-appdirs - determining appropriate platform-specific
directories (Python 3)
python3-apport - Python 3 library for Apport crash report handling
python3-apsw - another Python SQLite 3 wrapper (Python 3 version)
python3-apsw-dbg - another Python 3 SQLite 3 wrapper (debug extension)
python3-aptdaemon.gtk3widgets - Python 3 GTK+ 3 widgets to run an
aptdaemon client
python3-aptdaemon.pkcompat - PackageKit compatibilty for AptDaemon
python3-aptdaemon - Python 3 module for the server and client of aptdaemon
python3-aptdaemon.test - Test environment for aptdaemon clients
python3-apt-dbg - Python 3 interface to libapt-pkg (debug extension)
python3-apt - Python 3 interface to libapt-pkg
python3-argcomplete - bash tab completion for argparse - python3
python3-args - Command Arguments for Humans (Python 3)
python3-arpy - library for accessing "ar" archives
python3-astor - Python 3 AST manipulator
python3-astroid - rebuild a new abstract syntax tree from Python's AST (Python3)
python3-astropy - Core functionality for performing astrophysics with Python3
python3-audioread - Backend-agnostic audio decoding Python 3 package
python3-authres - RFC 7001 Authentication Results Header manipulation
for Python3
python3-autopilot-tests - Tests for the autopilot functional test
tool. (Python 3)
python3-autopilot-trace - Support for tracing in autopilot (Python 3)
python3-autopilot - Utility to write and run integration tests easily (Python 3)
python3-autopilot-vis - visualisation application for Autopilot (Python 3)
python3-awsauth - AWS authentication for Amazon S3 for the
python3-requests module
python3-babelfish - library to work with countries and languages (Python 3)
python3-babel - tools for internationalizing Python applications - Python 3.x
python3-babeltrace - Babeltrace conversion libraries
python3-backup2swift - backup data to OpenStack Swift - python 3.x
python3-bash8 - bash script style guide checker - Python 3.x
python3-bcdoc - ReST document generation tools for botocore (Python 3)
python3-bcrypt - implementation of OpenBSD's Blowfish password hash
algorithm - python 3.x
python3-beaker - cache and session library for Python 3
python3-billiard - Multiprocessing Pool Extensions for Python (Python3 version)
python3-binaryornot - check if a file is binary or text (Python 3 module)
python3-biopython - Python library for bioinformatics (implemented in Python 3)
python3-biopython-sql - Biopython support for the BioSQL database
schema (Python 3)
python3-bitarray - Python3 module for efficient boolean array handling
python3-bleach - whitelist-based HTML-sanitizing library (Python 3)
python3-blinker - fast, simple object-to-object and broadcast signaling library
python3-botocore - Low-level, data-driven core of boto 3 (Python 3)
python3-bottle - fast and simple WSGI-framework for Python3
python3-braintree - Braintree Python library (Python 3)
python3-breathe - Sphinx autodox support for languages other than
Python (Python 3)
python3-brlapi - Braille display access via BRLTTY - Python3 bindings
python3-bs4 - error-tolerant HTML parser for Python 3
python3-bsddb3-dbg - Python interface for Berkeley DB (debug
extension, Python 3.x)
python3-bsddb3 - Python interface for Berkeley DB (Python 3.x)
python3-bson-ext - C-coded extension to the python3-bson package
python3-bson - Python3 implementation of BSON for MongoDB
python3-cairo-dev - Python 3 cairo bindings: development files
python3-cairo-doc - Python 3 cairo bindings: documentation files
python3-cairo - Python 3 bindings for the Cairo vector graphics library
python3-cairosvg - SVG to PDF/PS/PNG converter based on Cairo (Python3 library)
python3-cdo - Python3 module for Climate Data Operators
python3-celery - async task/job queue based on message passing
python3-cerealizer - secure pickle-like module for Python 3
python3-cffi-dbg - Foreign Function Interface for Python 3 calling C
code (Debug version)
python3-cffi - Foreign Function Interface for Python 3 calling C code
python3-chameleon - XML-based template compiler
python3-changelog - Sphinx extension to generate changelog files
python3-characteristic - helper for implementing attribute-related
object protocols (Python 3)
python3-chardet - universal character encoding detector for Python3
python3-checkbox - CheckBox python3 library
python3-checkbox-ng-doc - PlainBox based test runner (documentation)
python3-checkbox-ng - PlainBox based test runner (Python 3 library)
python3-checkbox-support - collection of Python modules used by
PlainBox providers
python3-cherrypy3 - Python 3 web development framework - version 3
python3-cigi - Python bindings for the CIGI class library
python3-circuits - event-driven framework with a component
architecture (Python3 version)
python3-click - Click packages (Python 3 interface)
python3-cliff - command line interface formulation framework - Python 3.x
python3-clint - Python Command-line Application Tools
python3-cloud-sptheme - Cloud Sphinx theme and related extensions
(python3 version)
python3-cmd2 - enhanced Python cmd module - Python 3.x
python3-colander - simple schema-based serialization and
deserialization - Python 3.x
python3-colorama - Cross-platform colored terminal text in Python - Python 3.x
python3-columbus - error tolerant matching engine - Python bindings
python3-comedilib - Python3 wrapper for Comedilib
python3-commandnotfound - Python 3 bindings for command-not-found.
python3-configglue - Glues together optparse.OptionParser and
ConfigParser.ConfigParser
python3-construct - powerful declarative parser (and builder) for binary data
python3-cookiecutter - create projects from project templates (Python 3 module)
python3-cov-core - plugin core for use by pytest-cov, nose-cov and nose2-cov
python3-coverage - code coverage tool for Python 3
python3-coverage-dbg - code coverage tool for Python 3 – debug library
python3-cracklib - Python3 bindings for password checker library cracklib2
python3-crcmod - CRC Generator - python 3.x
python3-croniter - provides iteration for datetime object with cron
like format - Python 3.x
python3-crypto - cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python 3
python3-crypto-dbg - cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python
3 (debug extension)
python3-cryptography - Python library exposing cryptographic recipes
and primitives (Python 3)
python3-cryptography-vectors - Test vectors for python-cryptography (Python 3)
python3-csb - Python framework for structural bioinformatics (Python3 version)
python3-cssutils - Python3 CSS Cascading Style Sheets parser and builder
python3-cupshelpers - Python modules for printer configuration with CUPS
python3-cups - Python3 bindings for CUPS
python3-curtin - Library and tools for curtin installer
python3-cxx-dev - Set of facilities to extend Python3 with C++
python3-d2to1 - Python3 support for distutils2-like setup.cfg files as
package metadata
python3-dateutil - powerful extensions to the standard datetime module
in Python 3
python3-dbg - debug build of the Python 3 Interpreter (version 3.4)
python3-dbus-dbg - debug build of the D-Bus Python 3 interface
python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5-dbg - D-Bus Support for PyQt5 (debug
extensions for Python 3)
python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 - D-Bus Support for PyQt5 with Python 3
python3-dbus.mainloop.qt-dbg - D-Bus Support for PyQt4 (debug
extensions for Python 3)
python3-dbus.mainloop.qt - D-Bus Support for PyQt4 with Python 3
python3-dbusmock - mock D-Bus objects for tests (Python 3)
python3-dbus - simple interprocess messaging system (Python 3 interface)
python3-debian - Python 3 modules to work with Debian-related data formats
python3-debtagshw - Match debtags hardware:: tags against the actual
hardware (Python 3)
python3-decorator - simplify usage of Python decorators by programmers
python3-defer - Small framework for asynchronous programming (Python 3)
python3-defusedxml - XML bomb protection for Python stdlib modules
(for Python 3)
python3-deltarpm - Python3 bindings for deltarpm
python3-demjson - encoder, decoder, and lint/validator for JSON in Python
python3-dev - header files and a static library for Python (default)
python3-dexml - Dead-simple Object-XML mapper for Python3
python3-dirspec - Python User Folders Specification Library
python3-distlib - low-level components of python distutils2/packaging
python3-distro-info - information about distributions' releases
(Python 3 module)
python3-distupgrade - manage release upgrades
python3-distutils-extra - enhancements to the Python3 build system
python3-django-discover-runner - alternative Django test runner - Python 3.x
python3-django-filters - filter Django QuerySets based on user selections
python3-django - High-level Python web development framework
python3-django-jsonfield - JSON field for Django models (Python 3)
python3-django-model-utils - Django model mixins and utilities
python3-django-pipeline - Asset packaging library for Django
python3-django-tables2 - Table/data-grid framework for Django
python3-django-xmlrpc - XMLRPC library for Django
python3-dkim - Python 3 module for DKIM signing and verification
python3-dns - DNS client module for Python 3
python3-dnspython - DNS toolkit for Python (Python 3)
python3-dnsq - Python DNS query tool
python3-doc - documentation for the high-level object-oriented language Python 3
python3-docker - Python 3 wrapper to access docker.io's control socket
python3-docopt - command-line interface description language (Python3)
python3-docutils - text processing system for reStructuredText
(implemented in Python 3)
python3-dogpile.cache - caching front-end based on the Dogpile lock - Python 3.x
python3-dogpile.core - dogpile lock, typically used in larger caching
solution - Python 3.x
python3-doit - Automation tool (Python3) to execute any kind of task
in a build-tools fashion
python3-doublex - test doubles framework for Python 3
python3-drslib - Library for processing the CMIP5 Data Reference
Syntax (Python3)
python3-dugong - HTTP 1.1 client module for Python
python3-dvdvideo - Video DVD reader library
python3-easygui - module for very simple, very easy GUI programming in Python3
python3-ebooklib - Python 3 E-book library for handling
EPUB2/EPUB3/Kindle formats
python3-ecdsa - ECDSA cryptographic signature library (Python 3)
python3-empy - templating system for Python (Python 3)
python3-enchant - spellchecking library for Python 3
python3-enum34 - backport of Python 3.4's enum package
python3-enzyme - video metadata parser (Python 3)
python3-epr-dbg - Python ENVISAT Product Reader API (debug extension
for Python 3)
python3-epr - Python ENVISAT Product Reader API (Python 3)
python3-espeak - Python bindings for eSpeak
python3-evdev - python 3 bindings for the generic input event interface
python3-evemu - Linux Input Event Device Emulation Library - Python3 bindings
python3-examples - examples for the Python language (default version)
python3-expiringdict - Python3 caching libarry
python3-extras - extensions to the Python standard library (Python 3.x)
python3-factory-boy - test fixtures replacement based on factory_girl
for Ruby - Python 3.x
python3-falcon - supersonic micro-framework for building cloud APIs - Python 3.x
python3-feedparser - Universal Feed Parser for Python 3
python3-fftw3-dbg - Pythonic wrapper around FFTW - Python 3 (debug)
python3-fftw3 - Pythonic wrapper around FFTW - Python 3
python3-first - simple function that returns the first true value from
an iterable
python3-fiu - userspace fault injection framework (Python 3 bindings)
python3-fixtures - PyUnit extension for defining test fixtures outside
of test cases - Python 3.x
python3-flake8 - code checker using pep8 and pyflakes (Python 3)
python3-flask - micro web framework based on Werkzeug, Jinja2 and good
intentions
python3-flask-principal - identity management for Flask
python3-flask-script - set of utilities for use with the Flask framework
python3-flask-sqlalchemy - adds SQLAlchemy support to your Flask application
python3-flexmock - Mock/Stub/Spy library for Python 3
python3-flufl.bounce - email bounce detectors (Python 3)
python3-flufl.enum - yet another Python enumeration package (Python 3)
python3-flufl.i18n - high level API for Python internationalization (Python 3)
python3-flufl.lock - NFS-safe file-based lock with timeouts (Python 3)
python3-flufl.password - password hashing and verification (Python 3)
python3-fontconfig-dbg - python bindings for the Fontconfig library
for Python3 (debug build)
python3-fontconfig - python bindings for the Fontconfig library for Python3
python3-freezegun - Python3 library to mock the datetime module in unit testing
python3-fudge - Python module for using fake objects for tests,
documentation package
python3-funcparserlib - Recursive descent parsing library for python3
python3-fysom - pYthOn Finite State Machine (Python3 package)
python3-gdal - Python 3 bindings to the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
python3-gdbm-dbg - GNU dbm database support for Python 3.x (debug extension)
python3-gdbm - GNU dbm database support for Python 3.x
python3-gearman.libgearman - Python 3 wrapper of libgearman
python3-geis - python bindings for libgeis
python3-genshi - Python XML-based template engine - Python 3.x
python3-geoip - Python3 bindings for the GeoIP IP-to-country resolver library
python3-geopy - geocoding toolbox for Python3
python3-germinate - expand dependencies in seed packages (Python 3 interface)
python3-gi-cairo - Python 3 Cairo bindings for the GObject library
python3-gi-dbg - Python 3 bindings for gobject-introspection libraries
(debug extension)
python3-gi - Python 3 bindings for gobject-introspection libraries
python3-gmpy2 - interfaces GMP to Python 3 for fast, unbound-precision
computations
python3-gnupg - Python wrapper for the Gnu Privacy Guard (Python 3.x)
python3-gpgme-dbg - python wrapper for the GPGME library (debug
extension) (Python 3)
python3-gpgme - python wrapper for the GPGME library (Python 3)
python3-greenlet - Lightweight in-process concurrent programming (python3)
python3-grib - Python 3 module for reading and writing GRIB files
python3-gridfs - Python3 implementation of GridFS for MongoDB
python3-gst-1.0-dbg - GStreamer GObject Introspection overrides for
Python (Python 3, debug extensions)
python3-gst-1.0 - GStreamer GObject Introspection overrides for Python
(Python 3)
python3-gsw - Python 3 implementation of the Thermodynamic Equation of Seawater
python3-gtkspellcheck - spellchecking library written in Python for
Gtk based on Enchant
python3-guessit - library for guessing information from video
filenames (Python 3)
python3-guestfs - guest disk image management system - Python 3 bindings
python3-h5py - h5py is a general-purpose Python interface to hdf5
python3-hacking - Flake8 OpenStack Hacking Guidelines Enforcement
plugins - Python 3.x
python3-hamcrest - Hamcrest framework for matcher objects (Python 3)
python3-hivex - Python 3 bindings for hivex
python3-hplefthandclient - HP LeftHand/StoreVirtual HTTP REST Client -
Python 3.x
python3-html2text - Python module for converting HTML to Markdown text
(Python3 version)
python3-html5lib - HTML parser/tokenizer based on the WHATWG HTML5
specification (Python 3)
python3-httplib2 - comprehensive HTTP client library written for Python3
python3-httpretty - HTTP client mock - Python 3.x
python3-hunspell - Python 3 binding for Hunspell
python3-hurry.filesize - human readable file sizes or anything sized
in bytes - Python 3.x
python3-hy - Lisp (s-expression) based frontend to Python 3
python3-iapws - Python3 implementation of the international APWS-IF97
steam tables
python3-icalendar - parser/generator of iCalendar files for use with Python3
python3-icu-dbg - Python 3 extension wrapping the ICU C++ API (debug extension)
python3-icu - Python 3 extension wrapping the ICU C++ API
python3-idna - Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) (Python3)
python3 - interactive high-level object-oriented language (default
python3 version)
python3-iowait - Platform-independent module for I/O completion events
python3-ipdb - IPython-based pdb replacement (Python 3 version)
python3-ipy - Python3 module for handling IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and networks
python3-iso8601 - python module to parse ISO 8601 dates - Python 3.x
python3-isodate - ISO 8601 date/time/duration parser and formatter
(Python 3 module)
python3-itsdangerous - Various helpers to pass trusted data to
untrusted environment - python 3.x
python3-jedi - autocompletion tool for Python 3
python3-jinja2 - small but fast and easy to use stand-alone template engine
python3-jmespath - JSON Matching Expressions (Python 3)
python3-joblib - tools to provide lightweight pipelining in Python
python3-jsmin - JavaScript minifier written in Python - python 3.x
python3-jsonpatch - library to apply JSON patches - python 3.x
python3-json-patch - library to apply JSON patches - python 3.x
transitional package
python3-jsonpath-rw - extended implementation of JSONPath for Python 3.x
python3-jsonpickle - Python library for serializing object graphs into
JSON (Python 3)
python3-json-pointer - resolve JSON pointers - python 3.x
python3-jsonschema - An(other) implementation of JSON Schema (Draft 3)
for Python 3
python3-junitxml - PyUnit extension for reporting in JUnit compatible XML
python3-kajiki - Really fast well-formed xml templates - Python 3.x
python3-kazoo - higher level API to Apache Zookeeper (Python 3)
python3-kdtree - container for kd-tree sorting for Python 3
python3-kdtree-dbg - container for kd-tree sorting for Python 3 (debug
extension)
python3-kerberos - GSSAPI interface module - Python 3.x
python3-keyring - store and access your passwords safely - Python 3
version of the package
python3-kivy - Kivy - Multimedia / Multitouch framework in Python (Python 3)
python3-kombu - AMQP Messaging Framework for Python
python3-kyotocabinet-dbg - Straightforward implementation of DBM -
Python 3 debuggin symbols
python3-kyotocabinet - Straightforward implementation of DBM - Python 3 bindings
python3-lazr.config - ini-file format handling supporting schemas and
inheritance
python3-lazr.delegates - easily write objects that delegate behavior
python3-lazr.smtptest - framework for testing SMTP-based applications
and libraries
python3-lazr.uri - library for parsing, manipulating, and generating URIs
python3-ldap3 - Pure Python LDAP client library
python3-lepl - recursive descent parser library (Python 3)
python3-lesscpy - LessCss Compiler for Python 3.x
python3-leveldb - Python wrapper for LevelDB (Python 3)
python3-levenshtein-dbg - extension for computing string similarities
and edit distances(py3k debug ext)
python3-levenshtein - extension for computing string similarities and
edit distances (Python 3)
python3-libapparmor - AppArmor library Python3 bindings
python3-libcloud - unified Python interface into the cloud (Python3 version)
python3-libdiscid-dbg - libdiscid binding for Python 3 (debug extension)
python3-libdiscid - libdiscid binding for Python 3
python3-libguess - high-speed character set detection library (Python 3 wrapper)
python3-liblo - Python (Python 3) bindings for liblo, the lightweight
OSC library
python3-libravatar - Libravatar module for Python 3
python3-libtorrent-dbg - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar
(debug symbols) (Python 3)
python3-libtorrent - Python bindings for libtorrent-rasterbar (Python 3)
python3-linop - Linear mathematical operators in Python (Python 3)
python3-livestreamer - library to extract video streams from various
services - Python 3
python3-llfuse-dbg - Python 3 bindings for the low-level FUSE API
(debugging symbols)
python3-llfuse - Python 3 bindings for the low-level FUSE API
python3-logbook - logging system for Python that replaces the standard
library's module (Python3)
python3-logging-tree - introspect and display the logging tree in Python3
python3-logilab-astng - rebuild a new abstract syntax tree (AST) from
Python's ast (Python3)
python3-logilab-common - useful miscellaneous modules used by Logilab
projects (Python3)
python3-logutils - handlers for the Python standard library's logging
package - Python 3.x
python3-louis - Python bindings for liblouis
python3-lxc - Linux Containers userspace tools (Python 3.x bindings)
python3-lxml-dbg - pythonic binding for the libxml2 and libxslt
libraries (debug extension)
python3-lxml - pythonic binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries
python3-magcode-core - MAG Code python3 core module of common utility code.
python3-magic - File type determination library using "magic" numbers
(Python 3 bindings)
python3-mako - fast and lightweight templating for the Python 3 platform
python3-marisa - Python3 bindings for MARISA
python3-markdown - text-to-HTML conversion library/tool (implemented
in Python 3)
python3-markupsafe-dbg - HTML/XHTML/XML string library for Python 3 -
debug version
python3-markupsafe - HTML/XHTML/XML string library for Python 3
python3-markups - Wrapper around various text markups, implemented in Python 3
python3-matplotlib-dbg - Python based plotting system (debug
extension, Python 3)
python3-matplotlib - Python based plotting system in a style similar
to Matlab (Python 3)
python3-mccabe - Python code complexity checker (Python 3)
python3-mdp - Modular toolkit for Data Processing
python3-mediainfodll - library for reading metadata from media files
-- shared library
python3-memcache - pure python memcached client - Python 3.x
python3-memprof - memory profiler for Python (Python 3)
python3-metaconfig - Python ConfigParser bootstrapping library (Python3)
python3-mia-dbg - Debug information for Python-3 bindings for MIA
python3-mia - Python-3 bindings for the MIA image processing library
python3-mimeparse - Parse mime-types and quality parameters - python 3.x
python3-minimal - minimal subset of the Python language (default
python3 version)
python3-misaka - binding for Sundown, a markdown parsing library - python 3.x
python3-mockito - spying (testing) framework - Python 3.x
python3-mock - Mocking and Testing Library (Python3 version)
python3-morse-simulator - Multi-OpenRobot Simulation Engine
python3-mox3 - Mock object framework - Python 3.x
python3-mpi4py - bindings of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) standard
python3-mpi4py-dbg - bindings of the MPI standard -- debug symbols
python3-mpmath - library for arbitrary-precision floating-point
arithmetic (Python3)
python3-msgpack - Python 3 implementation of MessagePack format
python3-multipletau - multiple-tau algorithm for Python/NumPy
python3-munkres - munkres algorithm for the Assignment Problem -
Python 3 library
python3-musicbrainzngs - Python 3 bindings for the Musicbrainz NGS
webservice interface
python3-mysql.connector - pure Python implementation of MySQL
Client/Server protocol (Python3)
python3-nagiosplugin - Python class library for writing Nagios
(Icinga) plugins (Python 3)
python3-natsort - Natural sorting for python (python3)
python3-netaddr - manipulation of various common network address
notations (Python 3)
python3-netifaces-dbg - portable network interface information -
Python 3.x debug extension
python3-netifaces - portable network interface information - Python 3.x
python3-networkx - tool to create, manipulate and study complex
networks (Python3)
python3-newt-dbg - NEWT module for Python3 (debug extension)
python3-newt - NEWT module for Python3
python3-nine - Python 2 / 3 compatibility, like six, but favouring Python 3
python3-nmap - Python3 interface to the Nmap port scanner
python3-nose2-cov - nose2 plugin for coverage reporting
python3-nose2 - next generation of nicer testing for Python (Python 3)
python3-nose-cov - nose plugin for coverage reporting - python 3 flavor
python3-nose-exclude - exclude specific directories from nosetests runs
python3-nose-json - nose pugin for json reporting - python 3 flavor
python3-nose - test discovery and running for Python3 unittest
python3-notify2 - desktop notifications API for Python 3
python3-notmuch - Python 3 interface to the notmuch mail search and
index library
python3-numexpr-dbg - Fast numerical array expression evaluator for
Python 3 and NumPy (debug ext)
python3-numexpr - Fast numerical array expression evaluator for Python
3 and NumPy
python3-numpy-dbg - Fast array facility to the Python 3 language
(debug extension)
python3-numpy - Fast array facility to the Python 3 language
python3-oauthlib - generic, spec-compliant implementation of OAuth for Python3
python3-oauth - Python 3 library implementing of the OAuth protocol
python3-objgraph - Module for exploring Python object reference graphs
(Python3 version)
python3-ofxparse - parser for Open Financial Exchange (.ofx) format files
python3-oneconf - synchronize your configuration data over the network
(Python 3)
python3-opengl - Python bindings to OpenGL (Python 3)
python3-openslide - Python 3 wrapper for reading whole slide image files
python3-openssl-dbg - Python 3 wrapper around the OpenSSL library
(debug extension)
python3-openssl - Python 3 wrapper around the OpenSSL library
python3-openstack.nose-plugin - nosetests output to mimic the output
of openstack's run_tests.py - Python 3.x
python3-oslo.config - Common code for Openstack Projects
(configuration API) - Python 3.x
python3-oslo.i18n - Oslo Internationalization Utilities - Python 3.x
python3-oslo.serialization - utilities for serialization , especially
JSON - Python 3.x
python3-oslotest - OpenStack test framework - Python 3.x
python3-oslo.utils - set of utility functions for OpenStack - Python 3.x
python3-packagekit - PackageKit backend Python bindings
python3-pam-dbg - Python interface to the PAM library (debug extension)
python3-pam - Python interface to the PAM library
python3-pandas - data structures for "relational" or "labeled" data - Python 3
python3-pandas-lib - low-level implementations and bindings for pandas
- Python 3
python3-pandocfilters - python3 bindings for Pandoc's filters
python3-paramiko - Make ssh v2 connections with Python (Python 3)
python3-parted-dbg - Python 3 interface for libparted - Debugging symbols
python3-parted - Python 3 interface for libparted
python3-passlib - comprehensive password hashing framework
python3-pastedeploy - load, configure, and compose WSGI applications and servers
python3-paste - tools for using a Web Server Gateway Interface stack
with Python 3
python3-patsy - statistical models in Python using symbolic formulas
python3-pbkdf2 - Python RSA PKCS#5 v2.0 module (Python 3)
python3-pbr - inject useful and sensible default behaviors into
setuptools - Python 3.x
python3-pecan - WSGI object-dispatching web framework - Python 3.x
python3-pep8 - Python PEP 8 code style checker - python3
python3-persistent - Automatic persistence for Python objects
python3-pexpect - Python 3 module for automating interactive applications
python3-pgpdump - PGP packet parser library (Python 3)
python3-pies - compatibility layer for Python 2 and 3 (Python 3 interface)
python3-pil-dbg - Python Imaging Library (Python3 debug extension)
python3-pil.imagetk-dbg - Python Imaging Library - ImageTk Module
(Python3 debug extension)
python3-pil.imagetk - Python Imaging Library - ImageTk Module (Python3)
python3-pil - Python Imaging Library (Python3)
python3-pip - alternative Python package installer - Python 3 version
of the package
python3-piston-mini-client - library for writing clients for Django's
Piston REST APIs
python3-pkginfo - Python 3.x module to query metadata from packages
python3-pkg-resources - Package Discovery and Resource Access using
pkg_resources
python3-plainbox-doc - toolkit for software and hardware testing (documentation)
python3-plainbox - toolkit for software and hardware testing (python3 module)
python3-ply - Lex and Yacc implementation for Python3
python3-polib - Python 3 library to parse and manage gettext catalogs
python3-portalocker - easy API to file locking (Python 3)
python3-posix-ipc - semaphores, shared memory and message queues - Python 3.x
python3-postgresql - pgsql driver, cluster management tools, and client tools
python3-potr - Pure Python implementation of the OTR protocol (Python 3)
python3-pretend - Python library for stubbing (Python 3)
python3-prettytable - library to represent tabular data in visually
appealing ASCII tables (Python3)
python3-problem-report - Python 3 library to handle problem reports
python3-proboscis - extends Nose with certain TestNG like features - python 3.x
python3-progressbar - text progress bar library for Python (Python 3)
python3-psutil - module providing convenience functions for managing
processes (Python3)
python3-psycopg2-dbg - Python 3 module for PostgreSQL (debug extension)
python3-psycopg2 - Python 3 module for PostgreSQL
python3-pudb - full-screen, console-based Python3 debugger
python3-py - Advanced Python development support library (Python 3)
python3-pyasn1 - ASN.1 library for Python (Python 3 module)
python3-pyasn1-modules - Collection of protocols modules written in
ASN.1 language (Python 3)
python3-pyatspi2 - Transitional package for assistive technology
Python3 bindings
python3-pyatspi - Assistive Technology Service Provider Interface -
Python3 bindings
python3-pyaudio - Python3 bindings for PortAudio v19
python3-pycangjie - Python wrapper to libcangjie
python3-pyclamd - Python 3 interface to the ClamAV daemon
python3-pycparser - C parser in Python 3
python3-pycuda-dbg - Python 3 module to access Nvidia‘s CUDA API
(debug extensions)
python3-pycuda - Python 3 module to access Nvidia‘s CUDA parallel
computation API
python3-pycurl-dbg - Python bindings to libcurl (debug extension, Python 3)
python3-pycurl - Python bindings to libcurl (Python 3)
python3-pydot - Python interface to Graphviz's dot (Python 3)
python3-pyfiglet - Python 3 port of the FIGlet specification
python3-pyfits - Python3 module for reading, writing, and manipulating
FITS files
python3-pygments - syntax highlighting package written in Python 3
python3-pygraph - library for working with graphs in Python (Python3)
python3-pyinotify - simple Linux inotify Python bindings
python3-pykcs11 - PKCS#11 wrapper for Python
python3-pykde4-dbg - debugging symbols for PyKDE bindings for Python 3
python3-pykde4 - Python 3 bindings for the KDE Development Platform
python3-pykka - Actor model library for Python (Python 3)
python3-pylast - Python 3 interface to Last.fm and other compatible services
python3-pylibacl-dbg - module for manipulating POSIX.1e ACLs (Python3
debug extension)
python3-pylibacl - module for manipulating POSIX.1e ACLs (Python3 version)
python3-pymemcache - comprehensive, fast, pure Python memcached client
- Python 3.x
python3-pymongo-ext - C-coded extension to the python3-pymongo package
python3-pymongo - Python3 interface to the MongoDB document-oriented database
python3-pyopencl-dbg - Python 3 module to access OpenCL API (debug extensions)
python3-pyopencl - Python 3 module to access OpenCL parallel computation API
python3-pyparsing - Python parsing module, Python3 package
python3-pyproj - Python 3 interface to PROJ.4 library
python3-pyqt4-dbg - Python3 bindings for Qt4 (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt4.phonon-dbg - Python3 bindings for Phonon (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt4.phonon - Python3 bindings for Phonon
python3-pyqt4 - Python3 bindings for Qt4
python3-pyqt4.qsci-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 (Qt 4
debug extensions)
python3-pyqt4.qsci - Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 with Qt 4
python3-pyqt4.qtopengl-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt4's OpenGL module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt4.qtopengl - Python 3 bindings for Qt4's OpenGL module
python3-pyqt4.qtsql-dbg - Python3 bindings for PyQt4's SQL module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt4.qtsql - Python3 bindings for PyQt4's SQL module
python3-pyqt5-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5 (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5 - Python 3 bindings for Qt5
python3-pyqt5.qsci-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 (Qt 5
debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qsci - Python 3 bindings for QScintilla 2 with Qt 5
python3-pyqt5.qtmultimedia-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's
Multimedia module (debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qtmultimedia - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's Multimedia module
python3-pyqt5.qtopengl-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's OpenGL module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtopengl - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's OpenGL module
python3-pyqt5.qtpositioning-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtPositioning
module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtpositioning - Python 3 bindings for QtPositioning module
python3-pyqt5.qtquick-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtQuick module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtquick - Python 3 bindings for QtQuick module
python3-pyqt5.qtsensors-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtSensors module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtsensors - Python 3 bindings for QtSensors module
python3-pyqt5.qtserialport-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtSerialPort
module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtserialport - Python 3 bindings for QtSerialPort module
python3-pyqt5.qtsql-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SQL module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtsql - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SQL module
python3-pyqt5.qtsvg-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SVG module
(debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtsvg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's SVG module
python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module
(debug extensions)
python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's WebKit module
python3-pyqt5.qtx11extras-dbg - Python 3 bindings for QtX11Extras
module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtx11extras - Python 3 bindings for QtX11Extras module
python3-pyqt5.qtxmlpatterns-dbg - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's
XmlPatterns module (debug extension)
python3-pyqt5.qtxmlpatterns - Python 3 bindings for Qt5's XmlPatterns module
python3-pyramid - Pyramid web application framework, a Pylons project
python3-pyro4 - distributed object middleware for Python (RPC), Python3 modules
python3-pyrss2gen - interface for generating RSS 2.0 feeds for Python 3
python3-pyscss - SCSS compiler - Python 3.x
python3-pyshp - read/write support for ESRI Shapefile format - Python 3.x
python3-pyside.phonon - Qt 4 Phonon module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside - Python3 bindings for Qt4 (big metapackage)
python3-pyside.qtcore - Qt 4 core module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtdeclarative - Qt 4 Declarative module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtgui - Qt 4 GUI module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qthelp - Qt 4 help module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtnetwork - Qt 4 network module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtopengl - Qt 4 OpenGL module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtscript - Qt 4 script module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtsql - Qt 4 SQL module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtsvg - Qt 4 SVG module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qttest - Qt 4 test module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtuitools - Qt 4 UI tools module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtwebkit - Qt 4 WebKit module - Python3 bindings
python3-pyside.qtxml - Qt 4 XML module - Python3 bindings
python3-pysnmp4 - Python SNMP library for agents and managers (Python 3 module)
python3-pysrt - library to edit or create SubRip files (Python 3)
python3-pystache - Python3 implementation of Mustache
python3-pytango - API for the TANGO control system (Python 3)
python3-pytest-cov - py.test plugin to produce coverage reports for Python3
python3-pytest-instafail - plugin for py.test that shows failures and
errors instantly
python3-pytest - Simple, powerful testing in Python3
python3-pytils - Python library for processing strings in Russian (Python 3)
python3-pytools - big bag of things supplementing Python 3 standard library
python3-pyudev - Python3 bindings for libudev
python3-pyviennacl - Python bindings for ViennaCL linear algebra
library (for Python 3)
python3-pywapi - Python wrapper around different weather APIs (Python 3)
python3-pyxattr-dbg - module for manipulating filesystem extended
attributes (Python3 debug version)
python3-pyxattr - module for manipulating filesystem extended
attributes (Python3)
python3-pyx-doc - Python 3 module for generating PostScript graphics
(documentation)
python3-pyx - Python 3 module for generating PostScript graphics
python3-queuelib - collection of persistent (disk-based) queues (Python 3)
python3-rarfile - RAR archive reader module for Python (python 3)
python3-rdflib - Python 3 library containing an RDF triple store and
RDF parsers/serializers
python3-redis - Persistent key-value database with network interface
(Python 3 library)
python3-rednose - coloured output for nosetests - Python 3.x
python3-regex - alternative regular expression module (Python 3)
python3-regex-dbg - alternative regular expression module (Python 3
debug extension)
python3-releases - Sphinx extension for changelog manipulation (Python 3)
python3-renderpm-dbg - python low level render interface (debug extension)
python3-renderpm - python low level render interface
python3-reportlab-accel - C coded extension accelerator for the
ReportLab Toolkit
python3-reportlab-accel-dbg - C coded extension accelerator for the
ReportLab Toolkit
python3-reportlab - ReportLab library to create PDF documents using Python3
python3-repoze.lru - tiny LRU cache implementation and decorator for Python 3
python3-requests - elegant and simple HTTP library for Python, built
for human beings
python3-requests-kerberos - Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication handler for
python-requests - Python 2.x
python3-requests-mock - mock out responses from the requests package -
Python 3.x
python3-requests-oauthlib - module providing OAuthlib auth support for
requests (Python 3)
python3-responses - Utility library for mocking out the requests
Python 3 library
python3-retrying - simplifies the task of adding retry behavior - Python 3.x
python3-rfc3986 - validating URI references per RFC 3986 - Python 3.x
python3-roman - module for generating/analyzing Roman numerals for Python 3
python3-routes - Routing Recognition and Generation Tools for Python 3
python3-rply - pure Python based parser that also works with RPython (Python 3)
python3-rsa - Pure-Python RSA implementation (Python 3)
python3-rtslib-fb - object API for managing the Linux LIO kernel
target - Python 3.x
python3-sane-dbg - Python Imaging Library - SANE interface (Python3
debug extension)
python3-sane - Python Imaging Library - SANE interface (Python3)
python3-schroot - set of Python 3 bindings to schroot chroots
python3-scipy-dbg - scientific tools for Python 3 - debugging symbols
python3-scipy - scientific tools for Python 3
python3-scripttest - Helper to test command-line scripts - python 3.x
python3-secretstorage - Python module for storing secrets - Python 3.x version
python3-serial - pyserial - module encapsulating access for the serial port
python3-service-identity - Service identity verification for pyOpenSSL
(Python 3 module)
python3-setproctitle - A setproctitle implementation for Python (Python 3)
python3-setproctitle-dbg - A setproctitle implementation for Python (Python 3)
python3-setuptools-git - plugin for setuptools that enables git integration
python3-setuptools - Python3 Distutils Enhancements
python3-sfml-dbg - Simple and Fast Multimedia Library - Python 3 Debug Bindings
python3-sfml - Simple and Fast Multimedia Library - Python 3 Bindings
python3-shapely - geometric objects, predicates, and operations (Python 3)
python3-shortuuid - generates concise, unambiguous, URL-safe UUIDs for Python3
python3-simplegeneric - simple generic functions for Python3
python3-simplejson-dbg - JSON encoder and decoder for python3-dbg
python3-simplejson - JSON encoder and decoder for Python 3
python3-simplestreams - Library and tools for using Simple Streams data
python3-simpy - python-based simulation package (Python3 version)
python3-singledispatch - single-dispatch generic functions for Python
python3-sip-dbg - Python 3/C++ bindings generator runtime library
(debug extension)
python3-sip-dev - Python 3/C++ bindings generator development files
python3-sip - Python 3/C++ bindings generator runtime library
python3-six - Python 2 and 3 compatibility library (Python 3 interface)
python3-skimage-lib - Optimized low-level algorithms for Python 3 scikit-image
python3-skimage - Python 3 modules for image processing
python3-sleekxmpp - Python XMPP (Jabber) Library Implementing
Everything as a Plugin
python3-slimmer - HTML, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript optimizer for Python3
python3-smbc - Python3 bindings for Samba clients (libsmbclient)
python3-smstrade - Python library to send SMS via the smstrade service
(Python 3)
python3-sockjs-tornado - server side counterpart of SockJS-client
browser library - Python 3.x
python3-software-properties - manage the repositories that you install
software from
python3-sortedm2m - Replacement for Django's many to many field with
sorted relations (Python 3)
python3-sparqlwrapper - SPARQL endpoint interface to Python (Python 3)
python3-speechd - Python interface to Speech Dispatcher
python3-spf - sender policy framework (SPF) module for Python 3
python3-sphere - Python3 interface to the spherepack scientific library.
python3-sphinxcontrib.programoutput - insert the output of arbitrary
commands into documents - Python 3.x
python3-sphinxcontrib.spelling - Sphinx "spelling" extension (Python 3)
python3-sphinxcontrib.youtube - Sphinx "YouTube" extension
python3-sphinx - documentation generator for Python projects
(implemented in Python 3)
python3-sphinx-paramlinks - allows param links in Sphinx
function/method descriptions to be linkable
python3-spyderlib - python IDE for scientists (Python 3)
python3-sqlalchemy-ext - SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper for
Python3 - C extension
python3-sqlalchemy - SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper for Python 3
python3-sql - Library to write SQL queries (implemented in Python 3)
python3-sqlparse - non-validating SQL parser for Python 3
python3-srp - Secure Remote Password protocol implementation
python3-stdnum - Python module to handle standardized numbers and
codes (Python3 version)
python3-stemmer-dbg - Python 3 bindings for libstemmer (debug extension)
python3-stemmer - Python 3 bindings for libstemmer - snowball stemming
algorithms
python3-stem - Tor control library for Python 3 series
python3-stevedore - manage dynamic plugins for Python applications - python3
python3-stsci.distutils - Python3 packaging utilities for STScI's packages
python3-subliminal - Python library to search and download subtitles
(python3 version)
python3-subnettree - Python3 Module for CIDR Lookups
python3-subunit - unit testing protocol - Python3 bindings to generate
and consume streams
python3-sunlight - set of bindings to access U.S. government data (Python 3)
python3-sure - utility belt for automated testing - Python 3.x
python3-svipc - interprocess communication (shared memory...) for Python 3
python3-swiftsc - simple client library of OpenStack Swift for python3
python3-systemd - Python 3 bindings for systemd
python3-tables-dbg - hierarchical database for Python 3 based on HDF5
(debug extension)
python3-tables - hierarchical database for Python3 based on HDF5
python3-tables-lib - hierarchical database for Python3 based on HDF5 (extension)
python3-taglib - Python3 bindings for the TagLib audio metadata library
python3-tblib - Python 3 traceback fiddling library
python3-tempita - very small text templating language
python3-termcolor - ANSII Color formatting for output in terminal - Python 3.x
python3-termstyle - console colouring for python - Python 3.x
python3-testrepository - Database of test results - Python 3.x library
python3-testresources - PyUnit extension for managing expensive test
fixtures - Python 3.x
python3-testscenarios - Dependency injection for Python unittest tests
- Python 3.x
python3-testtools - Extensions to the Python unittest library - Python 3.x
python3-tk-dbg - Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Python 3.x
(debug extension)
python3-tk - Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Python 3.x
python3-tooz - coordination library for distributed systems - Python 3.x
python3-toposort - topological sort algorithm - Python 3 module
python3-tornadio2 - Socket.io 0.7+ server implementation on top of Tornado frame
python3-tornado - scalable, non-blocking web server and tools - Python 3 package
python3-transaction - Transaction management for Python
python3-translationstring - Utility library for i18n relied on by
various Repoze packages - Python 2.x
python3-transmissionrpc - Transmission RPC client module for Python 3
python3-trollius - port of the Tulip project on Python 2.7 - Python 3.x
python3-twisted-experimental - Event-based framework for internet applications
python3-tz - Python3 version of the Olson timezone database
python3-uncertainties - Python3 module for calculations with uncertainties
python3-unidecode - ASCII transliterations of Unicode text (Python 3 module)
python3-uno - Python-UNO bridge
python3-update-manager - python 3.x module for update-manager
python3-urllib3 - HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling for Python3
python3-urlobject - utility class for manipulating URLs.
python3-urwid - curses-based UI/widget library for Python 3
python3-uwsgidecorators - module of decorators for elegant access to
uWSGI API (Python 3)
python3-validictory - general purpose Python data validator (Python 3)
python3-vatnumber - Python module to validate VAT numbers (implemented
in Python 3)
python3-vcversioner - Use version control tags to discover version
numbers (Python3 version)
python3-venusian - library for deferring decorator actions
python3-venv - pyvenv-3 binary for python3 (default python3 version)
python3-versiontools - Smart replacement for plain tuple used in
__version__ (Python 3)
python3-vertica - native Python client for the Vertica database (Python 3)
python3-virtkey - Library to emulate keyboard keypresses.
python3-virtualenv - Python virtual environment creator
python3-voluptuous - Python 3 library to validate data
python3-w3lib - Collection of web-related functions for Python (Python 3)
python3-wadllib - Python 3 library for navigating WADL files
python3-waitress - production-quality pure-Python WSGI server (Python 3)
python3-wand - Python interface for ImageMagick library (Python 3 build)
python3-warlock - object model built on top of JSON schema - python 3.x
python3-webassets - Asset management application for Python web
development (Python 3)
python3-webcolors - python3 library of color names and value formats
python3-webob - Python module providing WSGI request and response
objects (Python 3)
python3-webtest - wraps any WSGI application and makes it easy to test
python3-werkzeug - collection of utilities for WSGI applications
python3-wheel - built-package format for Python
python3-whois - Python module for retrieving WHOIS information - Python 3
python3-whoosh - pure-Python full-text indexing, search, and spell
checking library (Python 3)
python3-windowmocker - create windows and applications from specifications
python3-wrapt - decorators, wrappers and monkey patching. - Python 3.x
python3-ws4py - WebSocket library for Python (Python 3)
python3-wsgi-intercept - installs a WSGI application in place of a
real URI for testing (python3)
python3-wsme - Web Services Made Easy makes it easy to implement
multi-protocol webservices
python3-xdg - Python 3 library to access freedesktop.org standards
python3-xkit - library for the manipulation of xorg.conf files (Python 3)
python3-xlib - Interface for Python 3 to the X11 Protocol
python3-xlrd - extract data from Microsoft Excel spreadsheet files
(Python3 version)
python3-xlsxwriter - Python 3 module for creating Excel XLSX files
python3-xstatic-angular - Angular JS XStatic support - Python 3.x
python3-xstatic-angular-cookies - Angular JS Cookies XStatic support -
Python 3.x
python3-xstatic-angular-mock - Angular JS Mock XStatic support - Python 3.x
python3-xstatic-bootstrap-datepicker - Bootstrap-Datepicker XStatic
support - Python 3.x
python3-xstatic-jquery.quicksearch - jQuery.quicksearch XStatic
support - Python 3.x
python3-xstatic - XStatic base package with minimal support code - Python 3.x
python3-xtermcolor - Python3 module to print coloured text on terminals
python3-xvfbwrapper - headless display inside Xvfb - Python 3.x
python3-yaml-dbg - YAML parser and emitter for Python3 (debug build)
python3-yaml - YAML parser and emitter for Python3
python3-yapsy - simple plugin system for Python3 applications
python3-yara - help to identify and classify malwares (Python 3 bindings)
python3-zake - provides a set of testing utilities for the kazoo
library - Python 3.x
python3-zeroc-ice - Ice for Python libraries (Python 3)
python3-zmq-dbg - Python3 bindings for 0MQ library - debugging files
python3-zmq - Python3 bindings for 0MQ library
python3-zope.browser - Shared Zope Toolkit browser components
python3-zope.component - Zope Component Architecture
python3-zope.configuration - Zope Configuration Markup Language (ZCML)
python3-zope.contenttype - Utility module for content-type handling
python3-zope.deprecation - Zope Deprecation Infrastructure
python3-zope.event - Very basic event publishing system
python3-zope.exceptions - Zope exceptions for Python 3
python3-zope.fixers - Fixers for Zope3 and the frameworks built with it
python3-zope.hookable - Hookable object support
python3-zope.i18nmessageid - Message Identifiers for internationalization
python3-zope.interface-dbg - Interfaces for Python3 (debug extension)
python3-zope.interface - Interfaces for Python3
python3-zope.location - Tools for working with object locations
python3-zope.proxy - Generic transparent proxies for Python
python3-zope.schema - zope.interface extension for defining data schemas
python3-zope.security - Zope Security Framework
python3-zope.testing - Zope testing helpers for Python 3
python3-zope.testrunner - Flexible test runner with layer support for Python 3
python-openslide-examples - Python examples for python-openslide and
python3-openslide
uwsgi-plugin-python3 - WSGI plugin for uWSGI (Python 3)

William Stein

Apr 9, 2015, 9:22:16 AM4/9/15
to sage-cloud
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:04 AM, Singleton, Steve <ssin...@coe.edu> wrote:

>> Maybe (1) you didn't restart your project server, or (2) you have some
>> custom configuration in that project, or (3) some VM didn't get fully
>> updated?
>

> Thanks for the suggestions...here's what I did:
>
> (1) Restarted server from settings panel
>
> (2) double-checked; I think this is a non-adulterated project (no ~/.local
> or anything)
>
> (3) Two reasons this might be the case: I still see the sage version of

It was definitely an install problem (the kernel.json file system-wide
was wrong) -- I've fixed it and now your notebook is running properly.

William
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cloud/CANSCVnpUzjuODcNUpETtdJ%3DDuqfC5-v%3Dcuh5_dUfo8TGswsrdg%40mail.gmail.com.

William Stein

Apr 9, 2015, 9:25:07 AM4/9/15
to sage-cloud
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Ryan Nelson <rnels...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also noticing some Jupyter notebook instability in one project (ID #:
> 721cea3b-bff5-46d5-a24b-bafad29514d2). If I try to change the kernel from
> the notebook menu, the kernel crashes. However, in a separate project (ID #:
> c0b9140a-9063-4682-983e-95a1c27ed9b0), everything works just fine.

This is working now -- I think it was the same problem Steve Singleton reported.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cloud/62f8180c-e725-4701-83ec-9b88eaee55dc%40googlegroups.com.

Harald Schilly

Apr 9, 2015, 10:25:19 AM4/9/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
My "crazy long" wishlist selection of python3 packages, some of them
just sound interesting to me, other are definitely important and have
been requested here, or come from a scientific, computer science or
web-dev background. I've taken care to not include those, which might
not be a good idea (portscanner, password searcher):

bpython3
diveintopython3
libpython3-dev
python3-dev
python3-aeidon
python3-alabaster
python3-anyjson
python3-astropy
python3-audioread
python3-args
python3-babel
python3-bottle
python3-bs4
python3-bsddb3
python3-celery
python3-changelog
python3-cherrypy3
python3-crypto
python3-cryptography
python3-csb
python3-cssutils
python3-dateutil
python3-decorator
python3-defer
python3-distutils-extra
python3-django
python3-django-xmlrpc
python3-django-tables2
python3-django-model-utils
python3-django-jsonfield
python3-django-filters
python3-dns
python3-dnsq
python3-doc
python3-docutils
python3-ecdsa
python3-empy
python3-examples
python3-expiringdict
python3-extras
python3-feedparser
python3-fftw3
python3-flake8
python3-flask
python3-flask-sqlalchemy
python3-flask-script
python3-flask-principal
python3-fysom
python3-gdal
python3-genshi
python3-geoip
python3-gmpy2
python3-gnupg
python3-greenlet
python3-gsw
python3-h5py
python3-httplib2
python3-icalendar
python3-idna
python3-ipy
python3-jinja2
python3-jsmin
python3-lesscpy
python3-levenshtein
python3-linop
python3-mako
python3-mia
python3-misaka
python3-mockito
python3-mock
python3-mpi4py
python3-mpmath
python3-msgpack
python3-nose2
python3-nose2-cov
python3-nine
python3-numexpr
python3-numpy
python3-oauth
python3-openssl
python3-pandas
python3-paramiko
python3-pandocfilters
python3-patsy
python3-pep8
python3-persistent
python3-pexpect
python3-pil
python3-pyasn1
python3-progressbar
python3-potr
python3-ply
python3-pkginfo
python3-pygraph
python3-pygments
python3-pyscss
python3-pyramid
python3-pyro4
python3-rdflib
python3-releases
python3-rsa
python3-scipy
python3-shortuuid
python3-simplejson
python3-skimage
python3-six
python3-sphinx
python3-sphere
python3-sqlalchemy
python3-tables
python3-testtools
python3-urllib3
python3-venv
python3-virtualenv
python3-werkzeug
python3-xlrd
python3-xlsxwriter
python3-yaml
python3-zmq

-- harald

William Stein

Apr 9, 2015, 11:05:51 AM4/9/15
to sage-cloud
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:24 AM, Harald Schilly <harald....@gmail.com> wrote:
> My "crazy long" wishlist selection of python3 packages, some of them
> just sound interesting to me, other are definitely important and have
> been requested here, or come from a scientific, computer science or
> web-dev background. I've taken care to not include those, which might
> not be a good idea (portscanner, password searcher):

Done -- these are now all installed everywhere.

William
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cloud/CAGG4CB4pyrYhpOPwja29nmPbtHvFSco5QH8%2Bnx5X9d67fiUAHw%40mail.gmail.com.

Harald Schilly

Apr 9, 2015, 11:07:02 AM4/9/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:05 PM, William Stein <wst...@sagemath.com> wrote:
> Done -- these are now all installed everywhere.

perfect! thanks!