Underscore issue

已查看 46 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Aaron Tresham

未读,
2016年10月22日 14:37:022016/10/22
收件人 sage-cloud
For the last two weeks, many of my students have run into problems when using the underscore in SMC.

As I understand it, Python automatically writes the last output to _, so we might compute a derivative and then do show(_) to make it look nicer. Or perhaps we do a calculation and then do N(_) to convert to a decimal.

Anyway, for about two weeks both of these have failed. show(_) produces a strange list of SMC related words, while N(_) produces an error.

Everything works fine after I do reset('_'); however, it has been necessary to do this reset each time my students use SMC.

This issue is pretty widespread, but I don't think all my students experience it (not sure about this).

Has anyone else run into this?

Aaron

P.S. Of course, it's possible to avoid using the underscore entirely. But solve(derivative(x^2+y^2==25,x),derivative(y,x)) intimidates my students enough as it is without adding a show at the front (and another set of parentheses).

William Stein

未读,
2016年10月22日 15:04:032016/10/22
收件人 sage-cloud
Thanks - I've created an issue: https://github.com/sagemathinc/smc/issues/1107

Best Regards,
William Stein

CEO, SageMath, Inc.

William Stein

未读,
2016年10月23日 14:15:352016/10/23
收件人 sage-cloud
Aaron,

This _ bug is now fixed (requires project restart if project is long running).

This was caused by us fixing show_identifiers() to properly only show newly defined variables.

 -- William

Aaron Tresham

未读,
2016年10月24日 01:14:522016/10/24
收件人 sage-cloud
Great! Thank you. My students will be happy.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Aaron Tresham <atre...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

回复全部
回复作者
转发