Fwd: [safecast admin] Particulate monitor testing

Sean Bonner

May 16, 2012, 10:54:21 AM5/16/12
to safeca...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Akiba <ch...@freaklabs.org>
Date: Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Subject: [safecast admin] Particulate monitor testing
To: safecas...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys.
I was playing around with the Shinyei PM1 (1 micron+ particulate sensor) that I got. I put together a simple Arduino sketch to read the sensor and calculate the particulate density. I also wrote a short Processing sketch to read the data and log it to a file. Here are some initial results of me testing the air quality in my room as I was soldering. I've also included some pics of the test setup and the source code for the Arduino and Processing sketches.
You can pick up the sensor here:

Akiba
FreakLabs Open Source Wireless

--
Sean Bonner

* I'm no longer on Facebook, here's why.

Outlook.jpg
Particulate Monitoring - Soldering.jpg
air_quality 001.jpg
air_quality 002.jpg