No calendar home

Humberto trejos

Dec 17, 2013, 10:28:23 AM12/17/13
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
After failing to set a CalDav account in a shared site in Midphase, I moved to a shared site in iPage, but I am still frustrated. This time I am getting this error in iCal: No calendar home was specified for the account .." and in iPhone IOS 7.04 this one:  CalDav account verification failed

Any suggestions on where the problem can be ?
If the web host does not support CalDav will SabreDav fail ?

Allon Moritz

Dec 17, 2013, 10:43:27 AM12/17/13
to sabredav-discuss
add a slash at the end of the url and the url has tol look like caldav.php/principals/admin/ was struggling with this for hours till I figured out that the trailing slash was the problem....

Humberto trejos

Dec 17, 2013, 10:53:44 AM12/17/13
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I had read that and tried, still gives the same message.

Humberto

Evert Pot

Dec 17, 2013, 2:32:13 PM12/17/13
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com

No webhost supports 'CalDAV' as such. Your webhost needs to support PHP over HTTP. CalDAV is just an extension of WebDAV, which is an extension of HTTP.

As long as there's nothing in your webserver that specifically blocks DAV, there's no reason it should fail.

So how about providing a bit more information? A charles http proxy session would be a good start.

Evert

Humberto trejos

Dec 17, 2013, 3:05:22 PM12/17/13
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
OK. Thank you again Evert. There are 2 calendars under principal htrejos, visible with the web browser.

Humberto
ical.chls

Humberto trejos

Dec 20, 2013, 3:03:19 PM12/20/13
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
Further to the Charle's proxy file, where everything seems to stop after authentication, this is what appears on the Mac console:

20/12/13 08:43:44,895 Calendar[12965]: [com.apple.calendar.ui.log] [An error exists on principal: [mpn]]
20/12/13 08:43:45,224 CalendarAgent[202]: -[IAGoogleAuthTokenManager tokenForAccountWithEmailAddress:shouldCreateToken:] [91] -- *** emailAddress is nil, returning nil.
20/12/13 08:43:45,750 CalendarAgent[202]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation :: calendar home path is empty, not refreshing calendars]
20/12/13 08:43:45,751 CalendarAgent[202]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Got error on refresh, but not rectifying principal because it was manually configured: Error Domain=CalCalDAVErrorDomain Code=5 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (CalCalDAVErrorDomain error 5.)"]
20/12/13 08:43:45,755 CalendarAgent[202]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Account refresh failed with error: Error Domain=CalCalDAVErrorDomain Code=5 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (CalCalDAVErrorDomain error 5.)" UserInfo=0x7fc9762a3fc0 {AccountName=mpn, CalDAVErrFromRefresh=YES}]
20/12/13 08:43:45,757 CalendarAgent[202]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] [Adding [<CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation: 0x7fc973fa7540; Sequence: 0>] to failed operations.]

Humberto

Evert Pot

Dec 28, 2013, 9:29:19 AM12/28/13
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Humberto,

This is not really a complete charles file. There's only 3 requests, while there should be *many* more during setup.
However, the correct properties are indeed not returned. Does your server have the Caldav plugin loaded?

Evert

Humberto trejos

Feb 7, 2014, 12:25:28 AM2/7/14
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Evert

It took me a while to find out that not all web host packages are foot to run SabreDav. Finally I got a VPS server at iPage and, with the same setup, everything is running. I just wanted te let you know that.

Humberto