C++ generation?

Jay Lawrence

Dec 5, 2013, 8:08:48 PM12/5/13
to sab...@googlegroups.com
I've searched for most of the afternoon and see the very old C++ generation capability, and then have seen some references that implied that sablecc 4 supported C++ code generation. When I download the latest beta and run --list-targets, I get only Java as an alternative.

Is C++ supported by sablecc 4?

I'm OK with Beta quality (for now).

How do I invoke it?

If I need to build, how do I do that?

Sorry to ask so many questions but the online documentation is way out of date.

Thanks,

Jay Lawrence

Etienne Gagnon

Dec 5, 2013, 9:02:27 PM12/5/13
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

For now, you should use the altgen version of SableCC 3:
http://sablecc.org/wiki/DocumentationPage#AlternativeOutputSableCC3.x

Have fun!

Etienne

Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.
http://sablecc.org

Le 2013-12-05 20:08, Jay Lawrence a �crit :
> --
> Groups "SableCC" group.
> an email to sablecc+u...@googlegroups.com.

Allin Cottrell

Jan 13, 2014, 11:18:17 AM1/13/14
to sab...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:02:27 PM UTC-5, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
Hi Jay,

For now, you should use the altgen version of SableCC 3:
http://sablecc.org/wiki/DocumentationPage#AlternativeOutputSableCC3.x

I'm in the same position as Jay except that my target of choice is C rather
than C++. Etienne, could you give us any idea of whether the C-family
backends are likely to be supported in SableCC 4? Thanks.

Allin Cottrell

Etienne Gagnon

Jan 14, 2014, 10:24:43 AM1/14/14
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Allin,

Yes, it is likely. (Going back to hiding mode).

Etienne

Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.
http://sablecc.org