SableCC and Maven

Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar

Sep 12, 2012, 11:45:07 AM9/12/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First of all, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised to find an active comunity of SableCC. I was worried that project had been abandoned!

I tried some parser generators and I love the approach used by SableCC, but there are some problematic points. One of them is that it seems that sableCC maven plugin is not up to date. I think this plugin use version 3.2 of sableCC (the only version in Maven Central Repository).

I just examine the source of the plugin and it seems pretty easy to update it to the last stable SableCC version! We only need to update the SableCC version in Maven Central Repository and change sablecc-maven-plugin dependency to use this new version.

I am sure I can generate an updated version with sources in
scm:svn:http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/tags/sablecc-maven-plugin-2.2, but I cannot commit my changes and I don't know who are the developers of the plugin.

Etienne Gagnon

Sep 12, 2012, 3:14:47 PM9/12/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gonzalo,

I'm glad to hear that you like SableCC.

Have you tried asking about it on a Maven mailing-list? (
http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html ) They might be able to tell you
who is the person responsible for the plugin.

Etienne

On 2012-09-12 11:45, Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprisedto find an

Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar

Sep 13, 2012, 3:39:08 AM9/13/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com

I just sent a mail to developer mail list I found here, but it seems little bit abandoned, so I also sent a mail to Jesse McConnell, who is the lead of the project's issue track. I will be pleasantly surprised if they respond as quickly as Etienne! ;)

Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar

Sep 13, 2012, 9:29:23 AM9/13/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Jesse has answer my questions. He told me that he seems to remember that SableCC project was going to handle the maven plugin themselve. It seems that, at the end, nobody handled it :(.

On the other hand he showed me what we have to do to update SableCC in Maven Central Repository and then he can upgrade the pluggin easily. Do you know who uploaded the older versions of SableCC? To do it we need to meet this requirements. If SableCC project doesn't have any maven private repository, I believe I can offer (at least temporarily) the nexus repository that I am using in my work.

Etienne, do you think you can handle it? or would you rather me (or other) handle that?

Etienne Gagnon

Sep 20, 2012, 1:31:31 PM9/20/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gonzalo,

I am unable to access the provided link. It seems broken. Could you find an updated link?

I do not know who uploaded the old version. I can possibly take care of the repository, but I would need to know the requirements (see above).

Etienne
Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.
http://sablecc.org

Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar

Sep 21, 2012, 3:29:34 AM9/21/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
The link works correctly for me. Its a link to the maven official guide :S

The plain url is this one: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

Etienne Gagnon

Nov 28, 2012, 8:50:48 PM11/28/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gonzalo,

I would be very thankful to you if you could take care of the Maven repository. I have not had time to learn enough about the Maven terminology and architecture to really understand the requirements.

Regards,

Etienne
Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.
http://sablecc.org

Gonzalo Ortiz Jaureguizar

Nov 29, 2012, 3:54:59 AM11/29/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Etienne,

Ok, I can try! Though I have not much time. Let's see if I can find some time to catch me up! I do not think it requires a lot of maintenance time, but start the engines could be a bit complex thing.

Sébastien Le Callonnec

Dec 24, 2012, 6:59:42 AM12/24/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Étienne,

I'd like to volunteer for this, as I am currently facing the same problem.

I would first need to publish sablecc 3.7 into the Central repo.  Currently sablecc’s groupId is “sablecc”; is there any objection to make it more Maven-like, and have it become “org.sablecc”?
Once 3.7 is released, I can then make sure the maven plugin is updated. I currently have my own version there: https://github.com/tychobrailleur/sablecc-maven-plugin

Regards,
Sébastien.

Etienne Gagnon

Dec 24, 2012, 9:11:50 AM12/24/12
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi S�bastien,

Thanks for the offer! Please get in touch with Gonzalo and Alexander so
that you can all coordinate your efforts:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sablecc/bxCFlVrATwg/cqe-PQEaNgMJ

Have fun!

Etienne

Etienne Gagnon, Ph.D.