ANTL2 -> SableCC, call for contribution

Bui Hong Phuc

Feb 18, 2013, 4:13:08 PM2/18/13
to sab...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
after searching some grammar I have found that ANTLR has so many grammar
files
but SableCC has just a few. How about if there a a compiler, which
compiles ANTLR grammar file
to SableCC grammar file? My (simplified) idea is:

1) From the Grammar file of ANTLR2 writing in ANTLR2 we generate a
ANTLR2 Grammar in SableCC
For this step we can use the ANTLR2 Compiler Compiler. (antlr2.g
--> antlr2.sablecc). So, we donot
need to write any BNF grammar, which may be painful.

1.1) We can customize the generated SableCC file (antlr2.sablecc) if needed.

2) From antlr2.sablecc we use SableCC to generate a parser for antlr2
files (*.g).
3) We write action code to generate SableCC file from Antlr2 *.g files
using the generated parser.

That's all.

If someone is interested about this idea, and would like to contribute
the project, please email me.
I can organize an Open Source Project in github. I think github is a
good platform to contribute
Open Source projects.

I would like to hear about feedback and critic.

Sorry for my terrible English. I try to improve it.

Best wish,
Hong Phuc.