Updates from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Apr 13, 2018, 5:54:12 AM4/13/18
to SA Rare Bird News
Just a quick update as I am aware that there are many people waiting with bated breath for news this morning…

GOLDEN PIPIT – there have been several carloads of birders out along the S25 in the Kruger National Park this morning looking for this bird but, so far, there has been no sign of it as yet. There is plenty of suitable habitat in the general area, so there is every chance that it may still be around but, if it has moved away from the road, the chances of relocating it obviously drop dramatically. More new as and when I receive it. Thanks to all of those who have already sent through updates so far this morning.

Elsewhere, just 2 other quick updates for provincial listers from this morning as well:

SOOTY FALCON – still present around Emily Moon Resort in Plettenberg Bay (Western Cape) this morning – reported by Nick Hudson.

SHAFT-TAILED WHYDAH – still present around the entrance to Mountain Zebra National Park (Eastern Cape) this morning – reported by Jo Balmer.

Kind regards
Trevor