SARBN: Admin note

Trevor Hardaker

Oct 14, 2016, 8:54:25 AM10/14/16
to SA Rare Bird News
Just as a quick reminder to all the long-standing subscribers to SARBN and as info to the newer subscribers…

Please save my contact details in your phones as follows:

Mobile number: 082 780 0376
Email: hard...@mweb.co.za

When you come across a rarity in the field, please let me know either by phone call, sms, Whatsapp or email to the details above as soon as you can. Please also remember to include your name when sending messages so that I know who the message is from (particularly with sms’es and Whatsapp messages). Then I can spread the news via SARBN shortly after that.

Please also remember to keep sending me updates on previously reported rarities as well, whether positive or negative, just so that I have an idea of whether the particular bird is still around. I am constantly getting asked by others whether a particular rarity is still present and, often, my information is days out of date because no-one has sent through updates on the bird to me. I often see people posting notes and photos on various fora after the fact that they have also seen a particular bird, but they have certainly not made any effort to let me know from the field that it is still there… so let’s all try and put in the effort – if you are going to benefit from receiving the news of rarities via this forum, then it is only fair that you also “give back” a little just by also sending news through when you can…:)

We are now heading into the start of the real rarity season here in Southern Africa, so this message is probably more pertinent now than ever. I look forward to hearing from lots of you in the days and weeks to come as we all start finding and twitching those rarities…:)

See you in the field sometime… hopefully enjoying a mega!

Kind regards
Trevor