SARBN: a twitching milestone

Trevor Hardaker

Jun 23, 2015, 12:20:30 PM6/23/15
to SA Rare Bird News

Those of you that are Facebook friends with me would have seen me post about this on there already, so sorry for the repeat... but for the benefit of everyone else...

This afternoon, Dominic and Patrick Rollinson’s SNOWY EGRET etched itself into SA birding history (once again!) and notched up its 1000th admirer when Gareth Bain reported to me that he had seen it this afternoon! So, we officially have our first 1-ton twitch here in Southern Africa.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to send through their details to me, but please don’t stop now. I am still hoping to hear from many more of you about who all has been to see this bird. Let’s see how big this one is really going to get...:)

Well done to all of you that have made the effort to go and see this bird and do your little part in making some history – and a huge congratulations again to Dom and Patrick, you boys did well!!

Kind regards

Trevor

TREVOR HARDAKER

Cape Town, South Africa

Follow our local exploits in the field at:

http://hardakerwildlife.wordpress.com/

See our photos and trip reports at:

www.hardaker.co.za

ZEST for BIRDS

Pelagics, rarity photos, listing clubs and more:

www.zestforbirds.co.za

SA RARE BIRD NEWS

Get the latest rarity news by joining at:

http://groups.google.co.za/group/sa-rarebirdnews

SOUTHERN AFRICAN RARITIES

Online database of all SA rarities

www.rarities.co.za