SARBN: Rarities around the world

Trevor Hardaker

Jul 8, 2015, 7:56:42 AM7/8/15
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

Something a little different for SARBN subscribers…

In case you are a little bored because of the lack of big rarities being reported at the moment, perhaps you might be interested in reading this excellent round up of the mega birds that turned up in the UK during this past Spring at http://www.rarebirdalert.co.uk/v2/Content/that_was_the_spring_that_was.aspx?s_id=480893343. It’s always interesting to see what is turning up in other parts of the world and causing big excitement and I found this particularly interesting. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did…!

And just to prove that not all the rarity action happens in the UK either, Ecuador celebrated their first ever BLACK NODDY yesterday at La Chocolatera whilst our Israeli birding friends are currently going crazy over a SENEGAL THICK-KNEE found at Maagan Michael this morning, a first record for the country as well.

So, whilst it is quiet here at the moment, somewhere in the world, some of our birding friends are experiencing that all too familiar adrenaline rush of twitching a mega that many of us are longing for right now… hopefully, our next chance will come before too long…:)

Kind regards

Trevor