Update from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Oct 21, 2016, 7:34:56 AM10/21/16
to SA Rare Bird News
WHIMBREL – still currently present at Roodeplaat Dam (Gauteng) right near the picnic site – reported by Dawie Rotteveel and Thinus van Staden.

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Oct 22, 2016, 10:01:35 AM10/22/16
to SA Rare Bird News

Hi SARBN subscribers,

Sorry for the lack of updates today, but I’ve been out at sea... here’s a quick summary of news that I’ve received during the day that I have just caught up with now.

Western Cape:

KNOB-BILLED DUCK – no sign of the bird at Avondson farm this morning despite several people looking for it.

Eastern Cape:

AFRICAN PYGMY GOOSE – the male bird still present at Ottersvlei this morning.

Gauteng:

WHIMBREL – still present near the picnic site at Roodeplaat Dam today.

COMMON CUCKOO – an immature bird found at Rietvlei Nature Reserve this morning.

Mpumalanga:

WHIMBREL – still present at Mkhombo Dam today.

GREY PLOVER – a single bird found at Mkhombo Dam today.

Namibia:

YELLOW-THROATED LEAFLOVE – at least 4 birds present this morning in the gardens of Caprivi Houseboat Safari Lodge after an absence of more than 3 weeks.

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Oct 23, 2016, 12:44:42 AM10/23/16
to SA Rare Bird News
BAR-TAILED GODWIT - still present this morning at the northern end of the Blesbokspruit (Gauteng) - reported by Michael Johnson.

Kind regards
Trevor

Sent from BlueMail

Trevor Hardaker

Oct 23, 2016, 12:47:56 AM10/23/16
to SA Rare Bird News
BAT HAWK - the sub-adult bird was seen again this morning flying over Delta Park in Johannesburg towards Emmarentia Dam - reported by Geoff Lockwood.

Trevor Hardaker

Oct 23, 2016, 3:37:37 AM10/23/16
to SA Rare Bird News
KNOB-BILLED DUCK - still present this morning at Avondson farm - reported by  Tinus Lamprecht.