Update from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Sep 2, 2016, 5:00:17 AM9/2/16
to SA Rare Bird News
And the twitcher numbers continue to climb… even in the strong wind this morning!

RUFOUS-TAILED SCRUB ROBIN – still present this morning around the picnic areas on the eastern shore of Zeekoevlei – reported by Etienne Marais.

Please remember to keep sending through your and your group’s details if you have been to see this bird – it is the only way to be able to keep track of just how large this twitch is going to get. Please also encourage others that you know have been to see the bird to also let me know accordingly.

Lastly, if you do happen to find any rarities or out of range birds out there, or just see one of the rarities already previously reported on SARBN, please also take the time to send a message directly through to me at 0827800376 or hard...@mweb.co.za, rather than just posting it somewhere else and hoping that I will get to see it there (you can obviously post the news anywhere, but just send me the direct message as well). There have been several instances recently where people have only posted of their discoveries on Facebook and I have only seen the news a day or two later, so the news was out of date already and not everyone got to hear about it because there was no alert posted on SARBN. Please save my contact details in your phones so that you have them with you out in the field.

Thanks and regards
Trevor