Update from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 11, 2018, 4:18:43 AM1/11/18
to SA Rare Bird News
I am currently being inundated with requests for updates and was waiting to hopefully get some further positive news but, for what it’s worth, here goes…

As at 11h15, there has apparently been no sign yet this morning of the WHITE WAGTAIL at Rooisand Nature Reserve. Birders have been on site since just after 05h30 this morning but I’m not sure just how wide the search net has been cast at the moment i.e. whether the search is being restricted to the area immediately surrounding the hide or whether people have cast the net more widely and started searching around the rest of the lagoon. So, let’s not read too much negativity into this just yet as we know that this bird does like to move around the lagoon quite widely at times.

More news, hopefully positive, as and when I receive it…

Also, please don’t forget to send me your details if you have made the effort to go and look for the bird in the last few days, so that I can get an idea of the size of this twitch.

Holding thumbs for everyone!

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 12, 2018, 12:42:17 AM1/12/18
to SA Rare Bird News
AFRICAN CRAKE - still present this morning at George Sewage Works at -33.997, 22.422 - reported by Ryan Bond.

Kind regards
Trevor

Sent from BlueMail