Update from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Aug 24, 2016, 5:39:06 AM8/24/16
to SA Rare Bird News
Blouberg Nature Reserve in Limpopo Province has circulated the attached document which I am forwarding on to all SARBN subscribers in case you are interested in twitching the RUPPELL’S VULTURE that is currently sharing a nest there with a Cape Vulture. There are not too many opportunities to catch up with this species in Southern Africa as it is still extremely rare in the subregion, so the Blouberg bird is certainly worth giving a try if you are interested.

They have also added the following comment:

“We do not have a resident bird guide at Blouberg but one of the local community members has been ‘put in the picture’, so to speak, as to the location of the nest. He will be available to accompany guests by prior arrangement with the tourism office at Blouberg (081 090 7384). A small fee will be payable at the office. For those guests requiring the services of a bird guide they are welcome to contact an independent guide, Samson Mulaudzi. He is based in Louis Trichardt, so arrangements should be made directly with him on 083 662 9960.”

Good luck if you are trying for this bird!

Kind regards
Trevor
Ruppell's Vulture August 2016.pdf