Update from SARBN

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 12, 2018, 4:00:33 AM1/12/18
to SA Rare Bird News
Just a quick 11h00 update to let everyone know that there has still been no sign of the WHITE WAGTAIL at Rooisand Nature Reserve this morning despite a number of birders being out there to look for it…

More news as and when I receive it...

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 13, 2018, 2:24:53 AM1/13/18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

I’ve just received a photo of the Frigatebird at Richard’s Bay and it’s actually a juvenile LESSER FRIGATEBIRD, possibly the same bird that was previously seen along the Umgeni River in Durban. It is currently at -28.796, 32.073.

Go, go, go!

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 13, 2018, 2:29:04 AM1/13/18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

PECTORAL SANDPIPER – still present at the farm dam in Bapsfontein (Gauteng) this morning as per the details reported yesterday. The farmer has asked that, after reporting at the office, birders please park at the area around -25.974, 28.393 – reported by Cameron Meyer.

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 13, 2018, 9:21:53 AM1/13/18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com

I hate sending out these types of updates but, for the third day in a row, there has been absolutely no sign of the WHITE WAGTAIL at Rooisand Nature Reserve despite a number of people having spent many hours scouring the area there during the course of today. Sadly, I think we must now assume that this bird has definitely packed its bags and moved off elsewhere…

Hopefully, it gets relocated at another site before too long and everyone that missed it here can still get to enjoy it.

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 13, 2018, 11:00:34 PM1/13/18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
LESSER FRIGATEBIRD - still present this morning around the Casuarinas in Richard's Bay at -28.796, 32.073 - reported by David Hoddinott.

Kind regards
Trevor

Sent from BlueMail

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 14, 2018, 1:34:57 AM1/14/18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
I've just been informed by the farmer at Bapsfontein that they are not open on Sundays for birders to enter the property to look for the PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, so please don't head there today to look for them. Sorry about that!

Trevor Hardaker

Jan 14, 2018, 11:25:56 PM1/14/18
to sa-rare...@googlegroups.com
LESSER FRIGATEBIRD - still present this morning in the same area in Richard's Bay - reported by John Glendinning.