Cannabis, Alcohol, and me

Les Hall

Oct 25, 2015, 2:15:06 PM10/25/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman

Please take a moment to read the pro-cannabis / anti-alcohol short message of mine.  It's meant for everyone, but especially for the religious right to explain why it's the right ting to do.  Let's legalize cannabis in Texas, it's about time!

Les

p.s. pass it on!

Genesis 1:29

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

There in the King James Version of the Bible is the record of a quote from the mouth of God the Father Himself that we are to use cannabis as food.

I cannot tell you about the events that transpired in my grandfather’s life, only that his children were frequently terrified by his threats of leaving the family and that he was an alcoholic.

I cannot tell you what went through my father’s mind as he set his drinks on the cover of that alcohol-soaked and stained family bible of ours, a symbol of the enemy’s grip upon our family, but I can tell you that my father eventually defeated alcoholism.  Not before passing this family legacy on to me, however.

What I can tell you about is the nightmarish events and the thought processes that occurred in my own mind as I did the supposedly right thing according to our society and chose the legal alcohol over the illegal cannabis.  But I won’t.

Suffice to say that alcoholism took every friend I ever had, every dollar I ever made, and every iota of that bright future that everyone said was unfolding before me.

I did manage to break the cycle, partly shocked into sobriety by the death of my childhood friend Neal from alcoholism, partly from the increasingly obvious health impact of my own alcoholism.

In a way I can say that I was the first to break the cycle in my family, having defeated alcoholism before passing it on to the next generation as I have no children.  In a way my father did, becoming a strong proponent of sobriety before his death of alcohol-related illnesses.  But these are hollow victories.

All I can do at this point is stay clean and dry and speak to you the words of the Bible itself, in the first chapter of the first book during the process of creation itself, the words of the Creator Himself, that we should treat cannabis like food and eat it as our meat!