e-NABLE Award and free filament!

Les Hall

May 27, 2015, 5:11:06 PM5/27/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
e-NABLE, the organization where I volunteer was given a two year $600,000 grant by Google.  Wow, that should help pay salaries for those that deserve it plus expenses like parts and filament for folks like me - yay!

Also I wanted to make conductive fingertips out of that new Conductive PLA to test the use of capacitive sensing for touch and proximity detection, and when Matthew of www.printedsolid.com heard that he immediately told me he would try to get a deal from ProtoPasta on their conductive filament.  That was cool with me so I let him work his magic and Alex of ProtoPasta asked me for my address and filament diameter a few days later!  Now I just got notice that the filament has shipped!

It's like the stars are in alignment or something for e-NABLE - oh and if anyone wants to join up, go ahead or ask me how.  We'd love to have you on-board!

Les

Randy Ohman

May 28, 2015, 12:22:40 AM5/28/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Wow, way to go, Les!

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 4:11:06 PM UTC-5, Les Hall