What Android App for Wifi Analyzing?

Greg Bluntzer

Aug 26, 2016, 2:50:48 PM8/26/16
to sa-hackerspace
Any recommendations  for  a good app to check out my WIFI?

Sean Kelly

Aug 26, 2016, 2:53:57 PM8/26/16
to 10BitWorks

WiFiAnalyzer is what I think is the best.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

Sean

Craig

Sep 1, 2016, 4:23:07 PM9/1/16
to 10BitWorks
Ummm....
Not exactly android material...
http://www.seeed.cc/project_detail.html?id=220 ; http://phasenoise.livejournal.com/2870.html  or http://letsmakerobots.com/content/an-overview-xwifi-a-fingertip-sized-open-source-wifi-module-xthink-lab
as finger modules w/ connectivity to http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/02/omate-rise-is-a-199-3g-and-wifi-smartwatch-powered-by-mediatek-mt2601-soc-crowdfunding/
would be a bit more discrete. ;)

Ok, perhaps on a more practicle note, mounted in the appropriate 10bitworks spot, could modify it to do people counts at set intervals!
http://www.electronicproducts.com/Test_and_Measurement/ATE/How_to_use_WiFi_to_count_the_number_of_people_in_a_room.aspx
especially if used with something like 3d printed shell from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/808254712/nibble-pocket-sized-arduino-wifi-oled-sd-card-ir might be helpful.

It'd free Don up for other things!

Craig

Craig

Sep 1, 2016, 4:30:53 PM9/1/16
to 10BitWorks
Could repurpose the led cubes for http://www.seeed.cc/WiFi-Audio-Spectrum-Analyzer-p-405.html where each z plane is a different wifi signal (http://www.seeed.cc/Redbear-War-Driver-p-1133.html ).  Perhaps, a different z plane light level to indicate how heavily the signal is being used (e.g. # detectable connections)

Craig