Wednesday

Don Smeller

Apr 9, 2015, 5:14:02 AM4/9/15
to 10BitWorks
Holy Cow!

I counted 40 people in the studio, about 30 seated, others standing.
That was an hour into the speeches and by that time the mayoral candidates, Tommy Adkisson and Mike Villarreal, and their teams had already left.
The 40 didn’t include the 10BitWorks members who chose to stay out of the studio and remain in the workrooms.
There had to have been 60 people come through 10Bit Wednesday evening.
Lots of pictures were uploaded to FaceBook.

In addition to the mayoral candidates there were also 4 city council candidates.  All were asked to speak on 3 subjects:  gentrification, water, transportation.
Gentrification was the hottest topic especially after a presentation was made of a proposed apartment complex on the banks of the SA River.
The developers were nearly tarred and feathered and run out of 10Bit.
Thanks go to Victoria Garcia, president of the Roosevelt Park Neighborhood Association.

The TV ksat guy contacted Jeremy.  He’s still interested in doing a piece on a 3D printed / maker space pin.
So,  James M, Jeremy and Don S brainstormed something that is achievable in short order: a laser-etched plastic model then aluminum-cast Fiesta Pin.
It might look like the attached screen shot.  The stem at the bottom is there for casting purposes; it will be cut off.

We invited ksat guy to come out Saturday; we’ll see.

Jeremy deposited $600 of laser money!

Don S

Mike Garis

Apr 9, 2015, 10:14:54 AM4/9/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com

So has anyone identified a good source for the pin/hanger thing that the medallion would go on? I can always help with research if we have not.

Also have there been any thoughts about selling the metals as a fund raiser? (I am suppose to worry about the money now right?  :)  )

The space looked great last night also, everyone did a superb job cleaning up getting ready for the meeting I think.

- Mike G.

Matt Grooms

Apr 9, 2015, 11:06:00 PM4/9/15
to 10BitWorks Hackerspace
Mike,  my previous post includes a link to medal drapes, 48-49 cents each(?) @ 100 quantity, a few cents more each at the next lower break. Alo need to add a ring to connect the drape to the medal, couple cents each I imagine.

For the trial run on Saturday, I can supply enough drapes & rings to cover our needs. The drapes all match (red, white, & blue), but do have a bit of character (read rust stains ). .

Matt