Automating space area mappings/usage designations.

Craig

Jul 29, 2017, 2:10:47 PM7/29/17
to 10BitWorks
Hey,
A set of http://beamlabsinc.com/ strategically placed at the new
space & tied into an electronic usage calander could be used to
automatically mark off reserved areas and/or noting special use
instructions on floor.
Eg -- down for maintenance.
"Marking off floor space for temporary usage" vs using tape

Craig

Chris Hardee

Jul 29, 2017, 2:30:35 PM7/29/17
to 10BitWorks
Hey Craig, I think we're going to Institute a new rule that states you're not allowed to post ideas without first building something yourself :D

Craig

Jul 29, 2017, 4:20:24 PM7/29/17
to 10BitWorks
Ok, sounds reasonable -- just as long as there is a scheduled
time/day/area at the space to demo some of the things previously
posted (not limited to what I've posted of course) :D

Craig

john vanhoozer

Jul 31, 2017, 11:29:22 AM7/31/17
to 10BitWorks
Wait!!!!

That's a new idea!  So you can't Institute it ....

Besides... Rule #2 here is "Do not make us make a new rule"

On Jul 29, 2017 1:10 PM, "Craig via 10BitWorks" <sa-hackerspace+APn2wQfVho8FuSVRTr9u6yVATUG9okQL0XgUAeNL6Cx3TPsBy@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hey,
A set of http://beamlabsinc.com/ strategically placed at the new
space & tied into an electronic usage calander could be used to
automatically mark off reserved areas and/or noting special use
instructions on floor.
Eg -- down for maintenance.
"Marking off floor space for temporary usage" vs using tape

Craig

Craig

Jul 31, 2017, 3:28:50 PM7/31/17
to 10BitWorks
No, old idea, new implimentation -- project the results so
someone doesn't have to "rule" off the projected area. :)
Should result in a make command file containing the automated
methods for a demo that can be pushed/pulled as needed.
(adding drone to take out/put away the requested demo project
on request/demand is something further down the line, once
mother & siri/alexa are fully operational. :)

Craig

tookys3

Jul 31, 2017, 5:34:44 PM7/31/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Craig
Great idea Craig, now go ahead and start making it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone

Craig

Jul 31, 2017, 6:41:11 PM7/31/17
to 10BitWorks
Unanswered question from earlier post sill remains
-- need a time/day and space to do demo.

Craig

Chris Hardee

Jul 31, 2017, 7:04:29 PM7/31/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Craig
Craig, you know our open hours just come in and we'll be there ie. any Saturday.

Craig

Chris Hardee
10BitWorks
San Antonio Hackerspace

Kevin Baldor

Aug 1, 2017, 4:00:02 AM8/1/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of john vanhoozer
That's supposed to be rule zero, no?

Sent from my iPhone