laser-3dprint combo project

Randy Ohman

Dec 5, 2015, 7:27:23 PM12/5/15
to 10BitWorks
Thanks to Don S and John F for help using the laser after, also, suggesting the laser might be better for my application. The attached photo of my son with it shows an acrylic plaque decorated with an etching of the plane he flies that was chased with black paint before peeling the protective paper off the acrylic sheet. Replica airplane tailhooks for hanging keys were printed and inserted into a printed bulkhead mount for these. This was screw attached to the acrylic panel.

This project started with a simple question from my son as I looked at his broken key hook rack, "Hey, Dad, can you 3D print a replacement?"
P1040626.JPG
P1040621.JPG

Randy Ohman

Dec 5, 2015, 9:01:52 PM12/5/15
to 10BitWorks
...black paint was the etching process chaser, not chaser of his plane. Here's what the new hook assembly replaced:
PART_1449367002566_IMG_20150816_123528.jpg