Just saw this, they are called it a 3D laser printer, it's actually a laser cutter with a camera

Ken Runner

Oct 7, 2015, 2:57:08 PM10/7/15
to 10BitWorks
40W for the basic model, 45W for the pro.  50% off on the cost, intial ship is December 2015.  pricing currently is around $2000 for the basic and $4000 for the pro...

John Frazee

Oct 7, 2015, 7:41:13 PM10/7/15
to 10BitWorks
Very nice

Sacha De'Angeli

Oct 9, 2015, 1:19:16 PM10/9/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of John Frazee
I've been watching that project closely. The price is really tempting, and if the software is anything like what they're promising, that will be a huge improvement over any other laser manufacturer.

I have concerns, mostly because there is no direct connection to the laser, you must use their cloud server to control your machine. So, if they go out of business, or decide to change their business strategy, or someone trips over the office server's power cord... you own a $2000 paperweight.

And... whenever you open the lid, the camera takes your picture and uploads it to the server. WTF?

Sacha De'Angeli

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:41 PM, John Frazee via 10BitWorks <sa-hackerspace+APn2wQfFp9TqiHSf7...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Very nice

Chris Hardee

Oct 9, 2015, 1:27:17 PM10/9/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Sacha De'Angeli
"And... whenever you open the lid, the camera takes your picture and uploads it to the server. WTF?"

what the heck...

I'm getting ZIM vibes from this: does its primary function very well, but is overloaded with tangental features and locked down by the proprietary police

John Frazee

Oct 9, 2015, 1:28:45 PM10/9/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Christopher Hardee

...but i want to make chocolate rocket ships!!!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.