Any spare Ardunio Unos around?

Ryan Beltrán

Feb 5, 2016, 3:22:06 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks
I'm going to take some arduino online tutorials this weekend and most seem to revolve around the arduino Uno. I have a metro mini but I figure it will be easier to start with an Uno.

Are there any at the space I can borrow?  Or are they for sale anywhere locally?

Thanks!

--

Ryan Beltrán / elequa.io
Founder / Filmmaker

Martin Bogomolni

Feb 5, 2016, 3:26:00 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ryan Beltran

I've got a couple of these in my clearance stock, the RedBoards are good Arduino uno clones.  Unfortunately since I'm up in Austin, I wouldn't be able to mail it to you in time for your online tutorials.   :( :(

-Martin

Martin Bogomolni

Feb 5, 2016, 3:29:24 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ryan Beltran

A quick search of Radio Shack shows they are in stock at the Nagadoches ( #9285) and the Universal City ( #9209 ) stores.   They both claim "1" in stock, so I'd call ahead.

Ryan Beltran

Feb 5, 2016, 3:31:49 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks
Thanks for the prompt response!  I called one of the radioshacks but they don't have the UNO. I will call the other and see.

Matt Grooms @ Gmail

Feb 5, 2016, 3:43:46 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ryan Beltran
InterTex (I10@hildebrand) carries Arduino, Adafruit, and some 2nd tier stuff. Go today; closed on weekends!

Matt G

Ryan Beltran

Feb 5, 2016, 3:50:41 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks
Rad thanks!

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 2:43:46 PM UTC-6, Matt Grooms wrote:
InterTex (I10@hildebrand) carries Arduino, Adafruit, and some 2nd tier stuff. Go today; closed on weekends!

Matt G

Chris Hardee

Feb 5, 2016, 3:54:37 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Matt Grooms
They're also one of the few places you can buy a Raspberry Pi in stores here!

--
Chris Hardee
10BitWorks

Jeremy Z

Feb 5, 2016, 4:25:54 PM2/5/16
to 10bitworks

Ya, I recommend intertex too. Also there are some kits that GNU Don donated when he was doing PhD dissertation stuff. I'm sure you could borrow one if need be.

josh jordan

Feb 5, 2016, 4:39:41 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
I put on some arduino classes around 3 years ago which dirk elmendorf funded by paying for 50 of them.  I ended up with 2 extras that I still have.  You can have them both if you can wait until Monday when I get back in town.

-Josh

Ryan Beltran

Feb 5, 2016, 5:17:49 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks
Thanks y'all. I ended up going to intertex and found what I needed. Glad to hear about that place. They had alot of stuff!

Matt Grooms

Feb 5, 2016, 6:15:33 PM2/5/16
to 10BitWorks Hackerspace
Mike Rodriguez (InterTex owner) is a good guy. He worked for Altex on Gulfdale during their heyday, when they were THE electronics parts place in town. Mike then spun off to form InterTex, specializing in sales to Mexico where his bi-lingual-cultural chops gave him a distinct advantage over a lot of other vendors.

I keep bugging him to drop by, underwrite us, put a banner on the wall, . . . maybe even a little cabinet full of goodies for sale on site! Maybe someday :-)

Matt