Kickstarter for Tungsten 3D printer nozzle for abrasive filament and high temp

Ken Runner

Aug 18, 2016, 1:41:18 PM8/18/16
to 10BitWorks
This is a kickstarter for a nozzle that is designed to work well with abrasive filaments such as PLA/Carbon Fiber, etc.  They had a kickstarter before that didn't get funded, but this one looks like it will.  It looks like a quality nozzle that will hold up well for its intended purposes:

Les Hall

Aug 18, 2016, 7:57:27 PM8/18/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ken Runner
I just bought a hardened steel 0.4 mm nozzle for my Ultimaker 2+ for $25 from www.printed solid.com and I am very happy with it.  You can get a steel plated brass nozzle from Proto-pasta for $15.  So those are two available proven options.

In vaporware somewhere i heard rumor of a gemstone nozzle of all the crazy things.

These tungsten nozzles would be a great option if they were available in 0.4 mm for the UM2+ and it's kin, but it was not obvious from the presentation what the nozzle parameters were.  Maybe I just missed these details?  Probably so.

Les