Best place to seek repair for an older Macbook Pro?

7 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

bigjonroberts

olvasatlan,
2015. márc. 29. 21:12:252015. 03. 29.
– sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
It's a Core 2 Duo 2.26 with 6GB of RAM - still runs the latest OS - maybe an '09.  Someone (not me, but the guilty shall remain nameless) left it closed on the floor and accidentally stepped on it briefly.  I don't know how much pressure they put on it, but now it doesn't boot.

Laptops are not my thing - I don't enjoy working on them. Where would you guys take it?  Or do you think it's worth trying to repair?

- Jon

kc koellein

olvasatlan,
2015. márc. 30. 0:13:562015. 03. 30.
– 10BitWorks on behalf of bigjonroberts
A coworker sent one out to an eBay seller for a screen repair a few months ago. He was very satisfied with the quick turn around, relatively reasonable price, and the fact that his MacBook now works again.

If you want, I can ask him to send me a link to the seller he used.

That's the good news...

...despite that my personal +1 is for chucking it.

My friend had a screen-repair. Those happen a lot. Who knows what could be amiss on a motherboard repair...!?

List it on eBay as "For parts or Repair only" and maybe get $75-$100 for it. Especially if the screen is in fine shape.

Cheers!
kc
K9SPY

kc
K9SPY

"The Undisputed National Champions (Ohio State) lost to Virginia Tech, who lost to Temple, who lost to Houston, who lost to … UTSA. Congratulations to the Roadrunners on a historic season!” - Gregory Buschmann

Peter Hall

olvasatlan,
2015. márc. 30. 13:14:252015. 03. 30.
– 10BitWorks on behalf of bigjonroberts
check with...

ask about San Antonio

I have never had someone else fix my laptops (yes, I am cheap) I fix them myself, so I can't recommend anyone.  But the group list would be a good place to ask for peoples feedback on repair places.    No company can advertise themselves on the list, per the rules, but that doesn't mean they don't try.

- Peter J Hall

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forget their use."
Galileo Galilei

Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek
Továbbítás