Help on e-bike conversion project

Ram G

May 5, 2017, 12:19:49 AM5/5/17
to 10BitWorks
We need help in converting our bike to e-bike ..Devin, Ray Don and James had given me good inputs on design and now Iam moving on to implementation phase.

Our DC motor source Gear is 11 tooth with 6.75 mmpitch and Devin did the math on Gear ratio as 5.5 and arrived at destination tooth numbers as 60..

while implemented a similar kind of longboard project along with my son was kind of failure due to chain slippage on shaft (driven by Milwaukee drill motor) and 35 size chain (hot wheel bike).. would like to get all your inputs on how to mount the 500w 36v DC motor firmly and not to face chain slippage.

Ram Govi
pic1.JPG
pic2.JPG
BIKE -DC MOTOR.jpg