ZIM3 Printer

Randy Ohman

Mar 29, 2016, 10:14:41 PM3/29/16
to 10BitWorks
I've not been able to print anything on it for the last couple times. It's strange because there'd be a part on the bed but then, first time, the connection could not be made over OctoPrint...server down or similar. This time it started to run but aborted moments after the hot end came up to temp, shut down and now does not turn on.

Don Smeller

Mar 29, 2016, 11:28:13 PM3/29/16
to 10BitWorks
For  what it’s worth, I will have Grandpa up and running Wednesday (Mar 30) evening.  The small gear that you, Randy, installed on Grandpa failed after 10 minutes.  It was a matter of too little infill = weak. So Ray Good printed a batch of 4 small gear replacements at his home on Sunday.  I’ll install it Wednesday.

On Mar 29, 2016, at 9:14 PM, Randy Ohman via 10BitWorks <sa-hackerspace+APn2wQdqPUlJoE3XM...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I've not been able to print anything on it for the last couple times. It's strange because there'd be a part on the bed but then, first time, the connection could not be made over OctoPrint...server down or similar. This time it started to run but aborted moments after the hot end came up to temp, shut down and now does not turn on.

Tookys

Mar 29, 2016, 11:48:13 PM3/29/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller
The zim doesn't like sitting idle for very long and will bug out if trying to start a print after its Sat for to long.

I have a toggle switch power cable coming out the front of the zim to turn it on and off if it stops responding. Give it a few minutes to reboot.

Randy Ohman

Apr 3, 2016, 6:51:00 PM4/3/16
to 10BitWorks
Screen shots of connect attempts (Gramps 1st, ZIM3 2nd).
---

---

Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Tookys

Apr 3, 2016, 9:04:37 PM4/3/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
Gramps is currently not set up with a octoprint.

I'll look into zim 3

Randy Ohman

Apr 10, 2016, 4:31:20 PM4/10/16
to 10BitWorks
ZIM3 still inaccessible. It looked like it was going to work but just as the extruder came up to temp, the bed went down and the heat turned off. See screen shot.

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 8:04:37 PM UTC-5, tookys3 wrote:
Gramps is currently not set up with a octoprint.

I'll look into zim 3

ZIM3 Inaccessible 4-10-16.PNG