Saturday at 10Bit

瀏覽次數:24 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Don Smeller

未讀,
2015年6月21日 清晨6:49:242015/6/21
收件者:10BitWorks、Peggy Guillory、Militza Cunningham、barbara fuchs
Sat06-20-15.xlsx.pdf

Don Wright

未讀,
2015年6月21日 下午3:25:062015/6/21
收件者:10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller
10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller wrote:

>Not just another Saturday, it was 10BitWorks’ 5th Anniversary Party and it was an Arduino class day.

Re: using RasPi in Arduino class.

Actually, the relationship goes deeper than you might think.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/building-arduino-in-the-usa-with-raspberry-pi/

And, yes, liberal use of the zoom function makes the infodump PDF
readable. Glad to hear we don't need to break anyone out of the
calaboose. --DonW

--
Some people call 9-1-1
Some people *are* 9-1-1

Joseph Lopez

未讀,
2015年6月21日 下午3:56:002015/6/21
收件者:10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller、Peggy Guillory、Militza Cunningham、barbara fuchs
It's my TV I forgot it.  Yal can use it til I need it back.  I have a couple...

joey

On Jun 21, 2015, at 5:49 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of Don Smeller <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

<Sat06-20-15.xlsx.pdf>

Not just another Saturday, it was 10BitWorks’ 5th Anniversary Party and it was an Arduino class day.

Joey has posted pictures on FaceBook.

My blog-style notes take the form of a PDF of a spreadsheet (attached).  Hope you can open it.  I counted 93, surely a record attendance; 31 of us were crammed into the studio for the Arduino class.  We forgot to slice the watermelon.  James M caused what appeared to be a riot in the street, police showed up. The neighbors came out.  It was a hoot.  Read all about it.

Don S

Don Smeller

未讀,
2015年6月28日 清晨5:07:552015/6/28
收件者:10BitWorks
1. Don S, mechanical engineer, I had the place to myself for almost 2 hours; I made good progress on a painting of a silly shrew.
2. Militza, ESL teacher, showed up late and left early. Family stuff.
3. James M, tool designer, came early and left late. We bit the bullet and did a gross first pass at separating the taps and drills. James laser cut and assembled a plywood and MDF organizer for the fractional sizes. Next step, load ‘er up.
4. Oscar, music teacher, laser cut two more of his domino game boards.
5. Chris, Air Force psychiatrist, is making leather sheaths for hunting knives. He used the drill press to make lacing holes, and then used the lathe to sculpt an exotic dark wood into a DIY smoothing tool for the leather.
6. 7. Henry, maker of police spike strips and son Eric, came for International Ham Radio Field Day but no one else showed up till much later. They sorted drill bits.
8. Colorado, no visible means of support, first time visitor, wants to make swords. I showed him James Helms website.
9. 10. Sue, programmer, and Kevin, he’d have to kill you if you knew what he did, took their assigned seats and did spooky stuff. Kevin choreographed the cnc mill that’s supposed to cut circuit boards to dance a few steps. Z works. It’s not completely dead.

Somewhere in the midst of Saturday’s session, 1PM ish, we did the important task of slicing a watermelon and you know, eating it.

11. Greg B, programmer, hung around the gamer’s table.
12. 13. 14. 15. 16. Jonathan, Anthony, Jackie, Andres, Burbank H.S. robotics clubbers and Brian, teacher, worked another session on their grandchild 3D printer. They printed a back for the controller case, using the grandfather printer. After smoking a motor driver they discovered the video arcade and nursed their wounds.
17. Chris, programmer turned geekbus teacher, assembled a quadcoptor from a kit, but only until the other serious board gamers showed up.
18. Ken Runner, IT Guy, lugged in a hundred pounds of ham radio gear But the world was polluted with radio calls, so he gave up and worked on his quest to add a second extruder to his 3D printer.
19. 20. 21. Mark, IT Guy and colleague of Ken R, his wife Rassel (Indonesian?), and their son Charles, umbrella stroller pilot, came for the first time to 10BitWorks. We designed and engraved a wooden plaque “CHARLES The Hacker”. Fiesta medals too.
22. Randy O, STEM teacher, worked on an information sign to be placed near the band saw.
23. 24. 25. 26. Greg, IT Guy for Sirius Computer Solutions, college age son Greg, high school age daughters Mary and Emma were first time visitors. They endured James M’s “San Antonio’s Premier Maker Space Tour” and then we laser cut some Fiesta metals. The video arcade was an attraction for them as well.
27. Mike G, programmer, let the games begin.
28. Ryan B, lives in the neighborhood, film maker and evangelist for water treatment by electrocoagulation, popped in, popped out for a Home Depot run, didn’t return.
29. David Novo. . ., inscrutable Russian spy, sat at his laptop and read websites.
30. Ray Good, mechanical engineer, took charge of all things 3D printing.
31. Les Hall, electrical engineer, phoned it in. He’s been laboring in the trenches (actually he’s in bed with a nurse). His goal is to make electrocoagulation cheap and accessible to STEM teachers, open source. Take a Mason jar of water, contaminate it with paint, set up an Arduino, dunk in some ‘trodes of aluminum and steel, plug in a wall wart, hook up alligator clips, take a nap, and voila, clean water. Les reported progress: “I ran another test tonight. The short version is that I doubled the power and this halved the test duration. The power went from 2.5 Watts to 5.0 Watts and the test time went from 40 minutes to 20 minutes.”

Don S

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄