3d printing

Rosendo Rodriguez Jr

Aug 16, 2016, 12:37:02 AM8/16/16
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys,

     So I visited the space this past Saturday and really like the place. I've been looking into 3d printing but have never actually used one so I wouldn't know where to begin. Well, after a weekend of research, I finally found something I would like to try. I found a reprap printer (Snappy) that can basically be printed(70-80%). Given that I don't have a 3d printer or know how to use one, what would I need to get your assistance in learning how to operate a 3d printer and using one of your printers to make the parts for this printer? Buying and bringing in PLA wouldn't be a problem if I can buy it locally, otherwise I will order it online and wait for it to be delivered.

Appreciate the help,
Rosendo

Les Hall

Aug 16, 2016, 1:23:50 AM8/16/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of fixmypc956
I'm interested in helping out with this one - maybe.  Let me check with the reprap group and see what they say first.

Les

Les Hall

Tookys

Aug 16, 2016, 8:35:29 AM8/16/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of fixmypc956
Hi Rosendo I'm James

I'll be at the space tonight for the 3d tuesday.

I can help give you a walk through of what you need to know about 3d printing and seeing about how to go about making your printer.

I would recommend using ABS instead of PLA for you printer.

10BitWorks on behalf of fixmypc956 <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

     So I visited the space this past Saturday and really like the place. I've been looking into 3d printing but have never actually used one so I wouldn't know where to begin. Well, after a weekend of research, I finally found something I would like to try. I found a reprap printer (Snappy) that can basically be printed(70-80%). Given that I don't have a 3d printer or know how to use one, what would I need to get your assistance in learning how to operate a 3d printer and using one of your printers to make the parts for this printer? Buying and bringing in PLA wouldn't be a problem if I can buy it locally, otherwise I will order it online and wait for it to be delivered.

Appreciate the help,
Rosendo

Les Hall

Rosendo Rodriguez Jr

Aug 16, 2016, 11:30:36 AM8/16/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of tookys3

I will try to make it tonight...looks like I have meet the teachers with my kids.
I appreciate your help.