Help making a circuit board.

tookys3

Apr 25, 2017, 1:24:42 PM4/25/17
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com

I need help designing a circuit board.

I almost have the board fully prototyped used a solderless breadboard, but I need 14 of them made on a pc so that I can assemble them and use them easily.

For those interested the plan is to be able to take a servo PWM signal and have it control a stepper motor with a feedback  loop.

This is part of my plan to use stepper instead of servo motors for inmoov.

But I need help in designing the board, sourcing parts, and placing an order.

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

josh jordan

Apr 25, 2017, 1:37:47 PM4/25/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of tookys3
Check out kicad if you need pcb design software.  Oshpark is a good board house for inexpensive prototypes if you can stand a 10 day lead time.  Are you going to have a microcontroller in the feedback loop or will it be all analog?

-Josh

tookys3

Apr 25, 2017, 5:49:50 PM4/25/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of joshjordan
AMS hall effect magnetic encoder -

A pololu stepper driver

A arduino micro, or a boarduino

A couple capacitor , and resistor

A 12-5v dc-dc converter.

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CACSQSNax2BLMDRJ0b8wvYuJz7B-vsLCAeQKPYYAOfHHeRE1c8A%40mail.gmail.com.

Devin DuMont

May 2, 2017, 12:50:08 AM5/2/17
to 10BitWorks
I found Dip Trace far more user friendly than Eagle and KiCad. It has a 300 pin limit on the free, eagle has a size requirement which is easy to exceed.