Android Studio and IOIO development

Greg Bluntzer

Apr 5, 2015, 3:47:55 PM4/5/15
to sa-hackerspace
Just some stuff I learned in the last two days about Android Studio and IOIO:

You can import the helloIOIO eclipse project into  Android Studio. It will give you gradle errors.

Getting "Can not normalize error" fix : https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=148912
You will need to open up the Android Studio gradle file and update to newer version
build.gradle file for HelloIOIO project change dependency

    dependencies {
        classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:1.1.2'    <------ NOTICE THE 2
    }

You will need to open the SDK Manager and get the version of your device. I was only able to get Android 5.0  (Api 21) working I could not get anything older working.

To compile  IOIOLibAccessory  you will also have to have the Google API SDK

I learned that there are two sets of API  the Android SDK and The Google API. The Google API has extra classes such as  com.android.future.usb.UsbManager

Hope that helps others or me in the future.