drill presses?

Sacha De'Angeli

Jun 26, 2017, 2:44:52 PM6/26/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of mike perez
Hi all,

It had been a while since my last visit to the space, but I came in a few days ago looking to use a drill press, but they seem to have disappeared - what vile thing has happened to the drill presses? We had two and now it appears we have zero! Did they just get moved somewhere I couldn't find them?

Do I have to make some kind of janky diy drill press?

Sacha De'Angeli

tookys3

Jun 26, 2017, 3:34:24 PM6/26/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Sacha De'Angeli

We got a newer bigger one donated, it's currently on the floor near the back work bench.

The other 2 were sold off, as they were both smaller and in poor condition.

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Craig

Jun 26, 2017, 7:50:01 PM6/26/17
to 10BitWorks

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 2:34:24 PM UTC-5, tookys3 wrote:

We got a newer bigger one donated, it's currently on the floor near the back work bench.
Are there drills for the press at the space?
If so, are the drills for wood only? (vs. metal / concrete / plastic / etc.)

Craig

tookys3

Jun 26, 2017, 9:02:47 PM6/26/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Craig
The drills can be used for the drill press.

The Chuck on the press can handle up to a 1/2" drill bit.

The drill bits are General  purpose drill bits. Suited for metals, plastics, and woods.

They are not for hardened or heat treated metals, or for concrete or stone.

For heat treated/hardened metals you will need specialty carbide drills.

And for concrete / stone you will need specialty masonry bits.

john vanhoozer

Jun 26, 2017, 10:26:33 PM6/26/17
to 10BitWorks
There are a few high temp bits running around back there.  I've seen them.  Look for the ones with a gold plating on the shaft in a small package.