3D Printed Prescripton Gogges

Les Hall

Jul 17, 2015, 11:45:59 AM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
I did this:

funny!  My friend Franko told me I look like a super hero!  Captain 3D i guess.  hah!

Les

Don Davis

Jul 17, 2015, 11:49:51 AM7/17/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Hey Les,

Did you get my email?
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CABEAN--zHnsXnSaas3%2B6SiVGHS%3D1Pb%3DSZCvCOQNydQMKYNyRPA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CABEAN--zHnsXnSaas3%2B6SiVGHS%3D1Pb%3DSZCvCOQNydQMKYNyRPA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Les Hall

Jul 17, 2015, 11:51:41 AM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don
no i did not, what email don?'

Les

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/55A9241D.6000402%40reglue.org.

Don Davis

Jul 17, 2015, 12:07:45 PM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall, Les Hall
I sent it to your personal email yesterday about getting the second
fishgate. I sent it to the thingofrings email

On 07/17/2015 10:51 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall wrote:
> no i did not, what email don?'
>
> Les
>

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 10:49 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don
> <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Hey Les,
>
> Did you get my email?
>
> On 07/17/2015 10:45 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall wrote:
> > I did this:
> >
> > http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:930023
> >
> > funny! My friend Franko told me I look like a super hero!
> Captain 3D i
> > guess. hah!
> >
> > Les
> >
> > --
> <mailto:sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CABEAN--zHnsXnSaas3%2B6SiVGHS%3D1Pb%3DSZCvCOQNydQMKYNyRPA%40mail.gmail.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CABEAN--zHnsXnSaas3%2B6SiVGHS%3D1Pb%3DSZCvCOQNydQMKYNyRPA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/55A9241D.6000402%40reglue.org.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CABEAN-9c5YkfvKaGOsHi9ACi%3D-E%3D6SOFStf373%3DRdM9RhpRWyg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/CABEAN-9c5YkfvKaGOsHi9ACi%3D-E%3D6SOFStf373%3DRdM9RhpRWyg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Les Hall

Jul 17, 2015, 2:11:38 PM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don, Les Hall
Oh sure Gnu_Don, I can fit that into my time soon.  I no longer have that olive drab filament that you bought for me, but I did ask Don S. to buy me some black and my sister is buying me some transucent red and translucent green filament.

I also know what caused those artifacts of sketchy surfaces on the one part so I can reprint it for you if you like.  About the filament, I can also look up the exact filament that we used before or very close.  It was ColorFabb from www.printedsolid.com, greenish beige IIRC:  http://printedsolid.com/collections/colorfabb/products/colorfabb-pla-pha-1-75mm?variant=2737560707 if you want an exact match to your other fish gate.

This email is the one I've migrated to, the other one i only check sparingly and sometimes miss an email, sorry for that I shifted gears on ya.  Also those optional prints you requested I looked at way back when and the models were unprintable except for one which was basically just a sphere with a couple of dodads on it - not sure why you wanted a sphere printed?

Please note that at the moment I'm in a mode to finalize the elequa design by the end of the month and I have only two weeks to get that done so I'll fit it in as I can.  Hope you have a little time flexibility on this and very glad to do it for ya.

Anything for a fellow 10Bit hacker eh?

Les

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sa-hackerspace/55A9284F.1040501%40reglue.org.

Don Davis

Jul 17, 2015, 2:28:51 PM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall
Cool. Color's not a problem. I don't need the other things - just the fish gate.

Thanks,

Gnudon

Sent from a mobile device.

Les Hall

Jul 17, 2015, 2:34:57 PM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don
do you have the design files?  I no longer have them.

Les

Don Davis

Jul 17, 2015, 2:43:51 PM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall
I sent them yesterday to the thingofrings address

Sent from a mobile device.

Les Hall

Jul 17, 2015, 3:03:49 PM7/17/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don
I see what happened now.  The device is full and is no longer accepting emails.  can you send to the deltamo...@gmail.com addy?

Les

Randy Ohman

Jul 18, 2015, 12:25:53 AM7/18/15
to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com
Those are great! Really nice finish.

It is not clear from the model image how the lenses are kept in. Are there snap-in grooves?

Les Hall

Jul 18, 2015, 12:33:30 AM7/18/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
not yet and this is a work in progress so yeah there will be grooves or at least the front will have a ridge.  The lenses are friction-fit for now which does hold them in but they pop out easily so I reduced model size by 1% for next print.  Also next print has longer, more exaggerated goggle side panels.

In the photo on the thingiverse page (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:930023) you can see this a bit more clearly.  I drilled a hole on each ear tail and attached a braided wire core and that is working fairly well if a bit itchy.  Need to use elastic or somesuch on a future one.

Les