Tuesday & Wednesday at 10Bit

Don Smeller

Oct 15, 2015, 6:58:42 AM10/15/15
to 10BitWorks, caroline...@sanantonio.gov
On Tuesday, Air Force Chris got the first real use out of the DynaMill.  The CNC mill was rescued from a pile of stuff being discarded by Nimitz Middle School.  Much of the Dyna was obsolete, but it had potential.  10Bit folks pooled and pulled and kicked in.  About a year later, and about $450, it now has upgraded circuitry and software and it works fine.  Chris made a fixture to hold other parts that will be machined on the Dyna.  Stay tuned.  Ray got the Dyna to talk to his laptop.  That means he can program it at home, then come into 10Bit, and plug and play.

20151013_205929.jpeg
20151013_212621.jpeg
20151013_205929_edited-1.jpeg
sammf_flyer_print.pdf

Randy Ohman

Oct 16, 2015, 5:13:51 PM10/16/15
to 10BitWorks
(The CNC equipment (Dyna and LightMachines Mill and Lathe) came from me and not to be discarded.)

 Well done on the fixturing.

Don Smeller

Oct 22, 2015, 5:29:26 AM10/22/15
to 10BitWorks
We counted 12 on Tuesday, 10 on Wednesday.

Exhibit A.  Not only do we have a verified Jeremy sighting, back from China, but also we have photographic proof of the existence of the mysterious Portable (Tortilla Scorching) Laser.

Exhibit B.  Ray cobbled together the electronics components and the Arduino software, Don used Onshape to design and then laser cut the Plexiglas backplane. It’s a device that counts cycles on a spring tester.  The springs and the counter both have to survive 1.25 million cycles.  Notice at the top of the photo is a Jug of Blood.  Halloween is coming.

Exhibit C. The skull and Ken’s head have been cropped to match.

Exhibit D.  The CNC Mill is getting a new accessory, a tank of “Way" Lube. Chris is pumping while James checks the flow.  Vocabulary:  These terms will be on the mid-term exam.  Gibs and Ways.

Exhibit E.  Mike G disassembled about a dozen hard drives.  Strong magnets, shiny discs, fun evening.