Free ? Google Cardboard headsets

Greg Bluntzer

Dec 11, 2015, 4:22:55 PM12/11/15
to sa-hackerspace
I think this is legit. Let me know if its not.
It looks like Google is Giving away Google Cardboard headsets. The things you put your phone in and see 3D stuff.

I ordered one.

John Frazee

Dec 11, 2015, 4:57:33 PM12/11/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Christopher Hardee

=/ all gone

Greg Bluntzer

Dec 20, 2015, 11:20:04 PM12/20/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of John Frazee
The one I ordered came in and I got to use it today. It worked really well.

 They changed it from the first one I tried.
1. they have a qr code on  the bottom to auto adjust the cardboard app per viewer.
2. It now uses a fabric (conductive?) lever that taps your screen instead of the nfc magnet.

Sean let me use his phone and we noticed it was pretty toasty after use.