Me Arm

Les Hall

Mar 14, 2017, 10:01:37 PM3/14/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
Hi Randy,

I have decided to get a Me Arm Kit with my own cash from the small allotment that I get from the business office here at the nursing home.  It's only $40 and this way I can learn as well as create my own kinematics if I want to, or at least give it a try.

You'll recall that I was able to create a very simple trig expression for the robot that I designed to do the kinematics.  I think it was just one of many possible outputs from forward kinematics that exist, but anyway it was fun to do.

With the Me Arm approach I can study the Me Arm and learn from it before revising the design that I created.  You see, I came home and found that my NEMA 17 motors were either well hidden or stolen.  I guess they LOOK expensive even though they are not.  Nothing in this lab except the printer is expensive.  And I can't run the printer because I'm on oxygen now.

Les

Randy Ohman

Mar 15, 2017, 12:37:29 AM3/15/17
to 10BitWorks
Hi, Les...good for you in getting back home. Sorry about the O2 ball and chain but I presume it's for your good and will get off it when possible. We all saw your animation of the robot arm...the Me Arm? Best wishes on controls.

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 9:01:37 PM UTC-5, Les Hall wrote:
Hi Randy,