I Survived

Les Hall

Feb 10, 2017, 3:45:17 AM2/10/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of fixmypc956
FYI, They told me I woke up fighting for my life, unable to breathe.  Thank God I’m full code (meaning they have permission and requirement to do everything they can including zap my chest to knock the life back into me if ever it becomes necessary).  So now I sing a different story, the rehab diet menu, rehab hospital, and new multi-week program.  I like this place.  gonna get to work teaching the gospel of 3D printing to the local med heads beginning with finger and wrist casts and moving on to treatment visualizations, etc.   Show ‘em how I can be useful around here and they might just make me stay.

Les

Black Macrame

Feb 13, 2017, 8:30:17 AM2/13/17
to 10BitWorks
That is actually a good story! Yea!

The 3D casts are amazing, push those. But the real advocacy for bio compatible materials... That's a thing.

Hopefully comfort with things like bone replacement will lead to more acceptance of synthetic valves and such.

It's all about teaching. Good luck!

Randy Ohman

Feb 19, 2017, 10:41:32 PM2/19/17
to 10BitWorks
Good you are still with us! Glad, also, you're not going to try pressing your luck:)

Les Hall

Feb 20, 2017, 11:31:05 PM2/20/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
well this location is not interested in 3d printing it seems, so it's back to my old locale.  I have an interesting robotic arm design based on a gear toy that I published on Thingiverse (was a bit popular) and an interest in ocarinas for friends plus a family member wants a vase of my design, so I'll be busy making toys and gifts.  The plan next is to make toys and devices that serve me.  tonight i'll be working on an exercise timer implemented on an Adafruit Circuit Playground (yes I'm an Arduino fan).  Also I want to get into Raspberry Pi.  So the plate is full and overflowing with projects.  Overall I agree with those who tell me to stay active both physically and mentally (need to improve the physical).  Thanks for the kind words.

Les

Les Hall

Feb 20, 2017, 11:33:45 PM2/20/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
The Robot Arm Design.

Les

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 2:45:17 AM UTC-6, Les Hall wrote:
FYI, They told me I woke up fighting for my life, unable to breathe.  Thank God I’m full code (meaning they have permission and requirement to do everything they can including zap my chest to knock the life back into me if ever it becomes necessary).  So now I sing a different story, the rehab diet menu, rehab hospital, and new multi-week program.  I like this place.  gonna get to work teaching the gospel of 3D printing to the local med heads beginning with finger and wrist casts and moving on to treatment visualizations, etc.   Show ‘em how I can be useful around here and they might just make me stay.

Les

Ivan Arm Two 7.png