Jewelry Castle

瀏覽次數:7 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Les Hall

未讀,
2015年4月13日 凌晨4:09:182015/4/13
收件者:10BitWorks
I’m working on a few projects including the Jewlry Castle shown below.  My Aunt Ginny helped pay for my first 3D printer so I have been wanting to make her something special for a long time.  She is really into jewelry and has a fine eye for it, so I thought that it would be nice to make her a display item for her jewelry.

Enter the Jewelry Castle, a single print object with lots of nooks and crannies and hooks and jimmies to drape jewelry all over.  I’ll add some flashing neopixels from adafruit to make it really sparkly, showing all those gems and polished surfaces off nicely.

Full size is a 6 inch cube on this item or slightly within that so it can be printed on my PrintrBot.  This week I’ll be purchasing a nozzle kit for the printers that I can increase the nozzle size from 0..4 mm to 1.0 mm.

That’s a 2.5x increase in size.I’ll print at 75% height so the size of the traces will be 0.75 mm^2, a lot bigger than the .08 mm^s for a nearly 10 times increase in speed.  That way the print will take 3 hours, not 30 hours as it would now!

I still need to add some spires and a courtyard or some such. It looks good o far, you think?

Comments, suggestions welcome.

Les

回覆所有人
回覆作者