Suggestions for Arduino beginners kits

Ryan Beltran

Apr 11, 2016, 10:50:52 AM4/11/16
to 10BitWorks
A teacher has asked me for a recommendation for a good introductory arduino kit for her students. Any suggestions? I don't know nearly enough about arduinos as some of y'all.

Thanks!

Les Hall

Apr 11, 2016, 3:29:08 PM4/11/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ryan Beltran
Adafruit sells all maner of beginner kits and teaching materials plus online learning topics.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Ryan Beltran via 10BitWorks <sa-hackerspace+APn2wQe_MZ53CI79r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
A teacher has asked me for a recommendation for a good introductory arduino kit for her students. Any suggestions? I don't know nearly enough about arduinos as some of y'all.

Thanks!

Don Davis

Apr 11, 2016, 4:10:58 PM4/11/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall
Sparkfun has a nice Sparkfun inventors kit. Lots of supplies with a nice book to work through.

Ryan Beltrán

Apr 11, 2016, 4:50:10 PM4/11/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of gnu_don
Thanks y'all!

Don Davis

Apr 11, 2016, 5:45:21 PM4/11/16
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ryan Beltran
It's also important to know the district. For example Sparkfun is an approved vendor with educator discounts- whereas I didn't hear back from Adafruit.

Sent from a mobile device.

mike perez

Apr 12, 2016, 10:34:24 AM4/12/16
to 10BitWorks
Nick Borko and I had done an Intro class to arduino at 10bit a few years ago. Our youngest student was 10 or 9 years old and she did great.
The class is fully documented on our wiki, including videos, teaching materials, and kit contents. The parts making up the kit were sourced mainly through mouser.com but im sure you can the parts elsewhere online if needed.