New Braunfels to Florida

Les Hall

Jul 28, 2015, 11:42:35 AM7/28/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Randy Ohman
Hey everyone, I guess it's about time to let you know that I'm planning to head on back to my home in Florida near Miami around the end of this year.  Most likely if all goes well I'll be home for Christmas.

I would have stayed here but I never was able to put down roots due to my illnesses and the constant barrage of household criminal behavior that I endured.  Plus my Mom is getting to be elderly and I have a baby niece to meet over there, so I kinda want to get back home.

Thanks to Don S. for going out of his way to bring me to 10bit as many times as I could squeeze into his pickup truck and make the trip, I developed some friendships and a love for the hackerspace concept in general.

I'm a bit set off by the fact that 10bit has grown so much, yet there appears to be nobody - for years now - who wants to visit me in my home and do makerspace activities.  I say makerspace for me because I'm a design and build type, not as much of a modify existing things type.

I would think that now that there is all this huge amount of activity out at 10bit, if someone dropped a word now and then, maybe there would be someone out here who would be interested in doing stuff together.  But that would be just for the next four or five months I guess since I'm leaving soon.

Ah well, best to be flexible and let God's will decide...

Les

josh jordan

Jul 28, 2015, 12:17:39 PM7/28/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Les Hall
Where are you going in florida?  I moved from san antonio to west palm beach a few years ago, actually getting ready to move back. Theres some makerspace stuff going on, boynton beach hacklab and delray tech space come to mind.

-Josh

Les Hall

Jul 28, 2015, 12:23:34 PM7/28/15
to 10BitWorks on behalf of joshjordan
Hi Josh,

Actually I'm not quite sure where I'm going to be, but family will be in Ft. Lauderdale (just north of Miami).  I hear there is a hackerspace getting started there.  Maybe I can get an apartment near the space and walk there, which is what I wanted to do here with 10bit but was restricted by my own health issues.

Les

p.s. I'm not pointing any fingers, nobody did anything wrong, maybe I should have piped up a bit more than I did...